EGO LM2000 Motor Magnet shattered...I bought Mower Cash and have no receipt. How can I get Warranty repair or a replacement Motor?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

I Purchased this mower cash and lost the receipt. Yesterday the mower stopped running. I try to turn the blade by hand and you can hear grinding. I am sure the magnet is busted and the motor is junk. How do I get warranty repair and or how can I buy a new motor?
Photo of lameck

lameck

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Exrace

Exrace

• 8,606 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Did you buy it from home depot?
Photo of lameck

lameck

Photo of lameck

lameck

Yes I did. I have no receipt though
Photo of Will Thomas

Will Thomas

• 60 Points
I have the same problem. What did they suggest as a solution?
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Lameck, please call our customer service team at 1-855-346-5656 and we'll see what we can do to help you without a receipt. Just explain your situation and we'll do what we can to get you up and running again.
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I hope that with the new system of you register the product when you get it will help eliminate the issues like this.  I have several other purchases that require you to keep the receipt to prove that it's under warranty.  The bigger problem is that stores use very cheap thermal paper for the receipts and after 13-16 months they are pretty much unreadable as the thermal reaction fades.  I have taken to making a photocopy and then staple the original to it.  I have had times when it came to an argument with a manager who has taken the stance that it's my responsibility to keep the thermal receipt from fading.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What a pile of horse... pucky.

I'm surprised there have been no lawsuits against the use of these "magic ink" receipts. You could protect these things like priceless works of art and they would still fade!
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 10,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Put clear packing tape on reciepts. Then they last.
Photo of CL

CL

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Home Depot usually can re-issue you a receipt even if you pay it in cash.  Happened to me before on another product.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.