Ego Lawn Mower

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
I will probably be buying an Ego lawn mower next year (too late now in northern Utah to worry about it this year). I have been reading all the posts here and watching the youtube reviews about them and will get the LM2102sp unless they have a newer model by then (I would love the LM2142sp but don't think I will be able to spend that much.) Anyway, one of the reviews about the self propelled model showed the throttle lever with a graduated scale painted next to lever giving the impression it has variable speeds. However, the reviewer said it is really only 3 speeds so a little misleading. It probably doesn't matter that much but I was wondering if that was true. He even demonstrated the the three speed levels no matter where he put the lever. Thanks for your help.
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 304 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Karen Crosby

Karen Crosby

• 788 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I don't know about how many levels of speed but the fastest is too fast for me to safely walk behind my mower, and the control works great. 
Photo of Woody Crandall

Woody Crandall

• 1,776 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
It is variable speed.

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
It is a gradual variable speed.  Many more than 3 speeds.  
Photo of lmgagliardi

lmgagliardi

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It is variable speed
Photo of Tom Madsen

Tom Madsen

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The level offers a variable level from very slow to too fast.  It is a very nice feature.
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 304 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for all your responses. Makes much more sense.
Photo of Mike Terrazzino

Mike Terrazzino

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The speed 'dial' doesn't click to a position...you can simply move it slowly, up or down, to get to the speed that is desirable for you.