Ego Lawn Mower with fully charged battery dies after a minute or two

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
I've had my Ego lawn mower for about two years now and love it. I'm having a problem , though. The battery is fully charged and I run the mower and it dies after a minute or two.  I can't figure out what's going on.
Photo of Corrine

Corrine

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Love the product - just have an issue.

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Tye Tyssen

Tye Tyssen

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is there a big buildup of clippings on the bottom? I had that same problem. I cleaned it out and now I’m good!
Photo of Corrine

Corrine

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Wow, wouldn't that be an easy fix!  Thanks for the heads-up!  I'll check it out.  THANK YOU!!!!
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,376 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You would definitely hear a different sound with a build up of grass on the deck when the blade runs against it.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,476 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Better Call Saul
Photo of AL Bernard

AL Bernard

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have a 7.5ah battery that died and my warranty ran out. Is there any place I can buy the cell to replace and bring battery back to life?
Photo of Laura Eaton

Laura Eaton

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem. My mower is relatively new and only used about a dozen times on a very very small patch of grass. The battery appears to be charged and the green light is still on, but it keeps dying and will restart for a minute or two, but once you start mowing again, it dies again. please help. the mower is clean as a whistle.