EGO Lawn edger

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Will EGO come out with a stand alone edger?

Does EGO plan to make a lawn edger or a string trimmer/edger?  I already have a mower, blower & snowblower and love their stuff.  I want to get a trimmer, but my current trimmer is a combo trimmer/edger and would hate to lose the edger option.  I am not interested in the new power head system - not too impressed with the value.
Photo of Ron Lipka

Ron Lipka

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 71,464 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There's a thread asking for ideas like these. I posted perhaps a set of wheels accessory for the current string trimmer.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Ron, the only edger Ego makes is the one with the Power Head system. There is a string trimmer head as well, and a kit bundle with both string trimmer and edger heads, battery and charger is due out shortly. No word on pricing quite yet.
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,194 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ron,

I recommend the power head system. I have the edger, 15" trimmer and pole saw and extension.
I have used the edger and trimmer and am very impressed with the performance and quality of the products. 
The edger is mucho better than the Ryobi lithium power head edger attachment that I was using over the last couple of years until the toggle switch broke off. The Ego has two levels of power and a variable speed trigger. It has the power to spare. I like the thickness of the blade as well...I think it will have at least double the life of the Ryobi blade. Also, it has a metal guide to place along the concrete edge which should minimize the blade hitting the concrete. I would say Ego really delivered on the requests for a blade edger with a top of the line product. We should all be pleased "beyond belief". Plus it's only $99 or $248 if you include the power head.The new 15" trimmer attachment is also a mucho better product than the first 15" trimmer, which I own but I really haven't used because it isn't good enough for our commercial use. This new version is so much better that I think it can replace our Core Outdoor Power trimmers that we have been using for the last 4 years. I'll wait until they wear out because I currently have 8 batteries and three trimmers. In the meantime, I will use the Ego as a backup in case the Core stops while we are on the road. I like the attachments space saving size in our trailer as I can't fit two Core trimmers at once in our small 4' x 6' enclosed trailer. The new trimmer head is a huge improvement as well. Plus lots of power like the Core. Again only $99. Well done Ego!I'll update with the performance and reliability as needed.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Steve! Always interesting to hear a review from the commercial side of things... that PH system sounds like a beast!
Photo of Dennis LaFleur

Dennis LaFleur

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I bought the lawn mower and an extra battery a couple of years ago.
My Troybuilt power head died and since I am very happy with the mower I decided to replace it with the EGO system. I have the power head, edger , and the trimmer. Quite pleased with all. I will get the rest of the attachments.
Since you already have the charger and battery you have already covered half the cost .
I don't understand why some are asking when these things are going to be available. I bought mine through Home Depot and had it shipped directly to my house
Photo of Sanjay Patel

Sanjay Patel

• 60 Points
Dennis because they all of a sudden went out of stock and just came back as a kit/bundle for $599.00. I have the power head but want to buy the edger attachment only which is not available separately.  
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The edger is available separately, it's just out of stock at the moment. Be patient.
Photo of Sanjay Patel

Sanjay Patel

• 348 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The correct price is $399.  We’re working to fix it ASAP.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.