EGO FANS - POWER INVERTER IS REAL!!!! (EGO Nexus Escape)

• Praise
  • Updated 1 year ago
One word to describe the new EGO 150w power inverter - GameChanger! 

Check it out here first ----

Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

• 5,586 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
  • juiced up

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 9,716 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Mine arrived today, I overheard the critic in the house declare them "cute." not sure if that was the image Ego was going for
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Mine should be here Thursday. I'm spending the day Saturday flying a new drone and I only have one battery for it. I'm hoping the Nexus can help keep it charged throughout the day.
Photo of Rick F

Rick F

• 1,014 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Mine arrived today too.  Super easy to use.  Good job EGO!
Photo of ClarkM

ClarkM

• 1,544 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I got mine and am very excited for the use cases this presents. We're about to go camping this weekend and previously, whenever we wanted to turn the TV on to put a show on for the kids and get actual quiet time, we had to crank up the generator - fairly wasteful just to watch some movies. Now just plugging it into the battery pack will solve that problem. Very cool product and a great use for the pretty high capacity batteries we all already have. 
Photo of ClarkM

ClarkM

• 1,544 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Success in the RV! A very slight buzzing noise when the battery pack power is turned on and the TV plugged into it - but unnoticeable when any sound is on.

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,958 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for sharing, the TV looks great!!!!
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 70,460 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Oh maannnn, now I really want to get home to play with mine.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I used it to wire a room last night. I didn't have electricity, but now I can power a lamp, or massive LEDs. Pretty stinking slick add on
Photo of Rick F

Rick F

• 1,014 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
There's a chart on the Nexus box showing what you can expect from it with various equip connected depending on battery you're using.

(Edited)
Photo of TwinTurboJosh

TwinTurboJosh

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I received mine a few days ago, and so far I'm a little disappointed. I had a tailgate coming up, and the only thing I could think to bring to use with the inverter was a small desk fan. The fan is only rated at 0.6 amps, but the Nexus was too weak to power it properly. It couldn't even bring it up to the low speed equivalent when plugged into an actual power outlet. I tried it with both a fully charged 2.5 and 7.5 AH battery. 

I'm gonna bust my kill-a-watt out to verify the demands of that fan, but the Nexus may be going back.