Ego Commercial Trimmer on Protoolreviews

• Praise
  • Updated 2 months ago
https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/...

Pretty decent review. Figures a bike guy developed the carbon fiber shaft....not a lawn/landscape guy. Trimmers get used frequently and somewhat roughly. In and out of trimmer racks all day....a lot of them with metal contact. How will the carbon shaft hold up to that abuse....I'm talking about surface damage to the carbon shaft not questioning its strength. Seems to need two speeds, ability to run on direct battery attatchment, speed feed head, no need for metal motor housing, aluminum shaft and while your at it a wider cutting swath.....other than those things....cool. Way to go bike guy.

Ego nearly pulled off a true commercial grade trimmer with their power head unit. Make it a straight shaft, keep the two speeds, increase the cutting swath, improve quality of plastic both on the motor housing and speed feed style head and improve and lessen the trigger pull. I have put hundreds and hundreds of hours on these things and they are very close. I came from top quality Stihl trimmers and then switched to even better offering by Echo before turning away from them because of the capabilities of the power head unit.

For what it's worth I like bikes.

Jeremy
Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 5,722 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 5,722 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to beat a dead horse but a front, top mount plug in? Did the bike guy realize that pro's use these trimmers in many different ways and angles continuously? Other than the obvious of a back mount moving the plug away/behind your body thus helping with cord management....the cord on top creates a problem with a very effective and fast way of trimming.....one handed. One handed? Yes...hold on to trigger handle while resting motor head under your elbow . Helps with sweeping under !ow hanging branches, sweeping steep hillsides , etc. Works with most gas and Ego battery trimmers.

So right were it plugs in you will be resting your elbow....genius...genius.

And no I'm not having bad day.

Jeremy