EGO Charger Clicks and Green Light Flashes

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
I have 2 EGO 56v batteries with 2 - CH2100 chargers.  One battery charges well on both chargers.  The other battery (#2) when docked to either of the the chargers, causes the charger to turn on and off repeatedly.  Fan starts, stops over and over.  Green light on charger also blinks irregularly.  It's almost like the charger is trying to start, then it stops.  Is this an indication battery #2 is bad?  When I press the battery pack's button, it does not light up at all.  Any guidance would be appreciated.
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 71,474 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Since one battery charges well on both chargers, it's not the chargers. You definitely have a bad battery. 
Assuming your battery is still within the 3 year battery warranty, give EGO CS a call. They will take care of you. Call early in the day to avoid hold times.
They can be reached at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,062 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Agreed with OM, it's the battery.  This happened to me about a year ago, and I called CS and they sent me a replacement battery.  Keep us posted on the outcome ... :-)
Photo of Dave

Dave

Thanks to you both.  That's what I was thinking also.  I appreciate your input.  Calling EGO today and will post the results.

Photo of Dave

Dave

Customer service was excellent.  Only took about 15 minutes.  They are shipping me a new battery.  Thanks again for the advice!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ego cs is great !
Thanks for the update
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 71,434 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Agreed, EGO CS does a great job.