ego chainsaw sharpening angle, 56V, CS-1400

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: What is the sharpening angle of chain using an electric sharpener?

what angle should I sharpen the chain? CS-1400 56 V battery chainsaw
Photo of Percy Jantz

Percy Jantz

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of James Brady

James Brady

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
EGO claims to have an Oregon bar with maybe an Oregon chain, so I would use an adjustable angle sharpening tool for the Oregon bar and set the angle to agree with how your chain has been originally sharpen  My guess is it's 30 degrees and your guess will be fine, if you always use the same (30 degree or whatever) angle, whenever you want to do this task.  I just sharpen my saw chain and its backup chain last week--not a real fun job, but it's warm inside.

PS.  I haven't spent the money for this saw as of today, but I am interested and would like to check one out.
(Edited)
Photo of Percy Jantz

Percy Jantz

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

thank you. Yes, it is in fact 30 degrees (after a lot of looking)

I bought this saw after a consumer guide search. it rated above the competition. With a second battery. I wanted something I could use in the yard, light, clean, no gas mix or finding non-ethanol gas. Also no cord, the other small electric option. I use it for trimming wood before mounting it on the wood lathe as well as pruning and some tree removal. It has been just great. I know it shouldn't be used one-handed, but it is so light, its hard to resist.

It would be impractical as a loggers tool. Cut 10 cords? buy something else. But for light, portable use  and really does cut, go for it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.