EGO came though for me

• Praise
  • Updated 4 days ago
  • (Edited)
I sent in my  3 year old mower for SP issues about a month ago and HD returned it unfixed.  Within 7 days of calling EGO, a replacement mower was delivered to my home.   Thanks, EGO!

FYI, not only didn't they fix it, it came back with an additional issue--the battery light would never go off.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 17,254 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 52,578 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Home Depot. Thumbs down. Have never liked the place in general. EGO., thumbs up!!
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 17,174 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I second that emotion.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 10,078 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Guess it depends upon the particular store; a good manager means good employees and vice-versa. The one I frequent is wonderful.
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 1,372 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Nice, that is awesome to hear! Well except HD part.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

William, the store has NOTHING to do with HD repairs of EGO products.  My mower was sent from Calif to Arizona for repair.  The local store could be, by anyone's opinion, a great store, but repairs are done at repair facilities--not at your local store.
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 86,914 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
My snow blower was repaired in store.  They replaced all the electronics.  I had it back in 10 days.
SO - the store and the competance of the local repair people can have A LOT to do with the repair  of Ego products.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

You are one lucky devil.   they can't fix squat around my area.  And very few rental departments, which are required for the drop off/pick up.  It takes an hour to check in  the tool because the help is clueless about how to write it up.   Then when I came back to pick it up it took 4 people to give me my lousy $18.95 inspection fee refund.  I hate HD.
(Edited)
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 9,876 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Now that ACE Hardware is selling EGO maybe they'll take care of repairs faster/better.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 10,078 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Dave, not all HD stores are the same; those with a rental center generally also performs minor repairs on any tool they sell. Sorry your store sucks.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

yes, it is a pathetic rental department.  the staff is ill equipped to even fill out paperwork.  No one that works there can fix EGO mowers.