EGO brush blade ABB1203 works with power head string trimmer head STA1500. If I ordered just the blade from overseas will it work?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

Photo of Matt R

Matt R

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Matt R

Matt R

Is there any special bracket needed to attach the blade? Since it is an EGO blade that claims to be compatible with the same model sold in the US (STA1500) would there be any warranty issues if used in a market it isn't sold in? In case any of this is unclear the blade (ABB1203) claims to work with 3 different models (BCA1200 brush cutter attachment, BC3800E a different brush cutter not the power head, and STA1500 the power head string trimmer). While changing out the trimmer head for the blade is probably a bit more work than switching attachments I thought it might be a decent stopgap until BCA1200 is carried in the US. Here is a picture of the manual

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 47,684 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I thought about doing something like that because the blade looks exactly like brushcutter blades that are available here. But looking at the manual, it looks like we'd be missing the parts to actually attach it to the tool.
Photo of Matt R

Matt R

Granted I am looking at the top but where the power head attaches to the blade and the trimmer head looks the same to me. Other than possibly a bolt what parts do you mean? Here is the picture I am looking at

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 47,684 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It's in the manual:

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 62,336 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We love the innovative spirit, but this unfortunately will not work. The brush-cutter blade sold overseas doesn’t include the special outer flange and nut, so it cannot be mounted on current STA1500.
Photo of Matt Smith

Matt Smith

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
So can you sell a kit that includes the blade, flange, and nut?  We love the string trimmer, but sometimes string just doesn't cut it and we really need a blade...
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 62,334 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's definitely an idea I can share with the team. :-)
Photo of Matt Smith

Matt Smith

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Even allowing users to order the flange & nut as spare parts and make a kit themselves...  I've got a bunch of thistles I couldn't cut this weekend with the string trimmer.  And a ton of blackberries that need to be whacked.  I'd order it today if there was an option.
Photo of peter

peter

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Has anyone figured out how to order this in the USA? I’m in dire need of this attachment.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 54,160 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Currently not available in the US nor is the blade compatible with US string trimmers.

You would have to purchase the entire tool from an EU/UK vendor like mower magic.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.