EGO 575CFM blower EU charger support?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Interested in getting the 575CFM EGO leaf blower but I'm in the EU right now and I'm interested if the charger that comes with the battery kit for the blower, works on EU voltage also (with an US to EU socket adaptor of course). Is it 110v-240v or just 110v?

If it's just 110v do you offer an EU charger?
Photo of Andrei Dica

Andrei Dica

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of summetj

summetj

• 10,580 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I have both the quick charger and the standard charger. They both list ONLY 120V 60Hz input on the back of the chargers and in the manuals.

Usually if devices have a universal supply they list 120-240 50/60Hz, so it is likely they only work on 120V (I suppose they could both have a universal input inside and just not claim it on the label....but I kind of doubt it.)
Photo of Andrei Dica

Andrei Dica

Maybe someone can tell me what is the load power for the standard charger! Meaning how many watts does it draw for the charge of the 575 EGO battery. That way I can look for a 240v to 120v converter.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The standard charger, which is included with the 575 blower, draws 210W. I believe the Rapid charger draws 550W.
Photo of Andrei Dica

Andrei Dica

Thank you!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Any time, Andrei!
Photo of Andrei Dica

Andrei Dica

Thanks alot! I feared that...So basically there is no way of getting this to work on EU power lines...pitty! 
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 10,580 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You could buy/use a 240 to 120 transformer (travel transformer). The quick charger takes less than 500 watts, and the standard charger takes less than 250 watts.  They are easier to buy in the US, but I was able to find one in Europe when I was traveling. It will be a big heavy block, but would work.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,110 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Fantastic question, Andrei! If you are purchasing the blower in the EU, the battery kit will be compatible with EU standards. While you can use an adapter on the charger once you get to the US, it might not operate as efficiently and therefore, we would suggest buying a US-friendly charger.
(Edited)
Photo of Andrei Dica

Andrei Dica

Hey but where can i find a supplier within the eu?
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
For a supplier near you, please email EU support here: eu.support@egopowerplus.eu I'm sure they'd be happy to direct you.