EGO 575 cfm leaf blower?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Was on HD.com planning out my next EGO purchases and spotted an EGO 575 CFM blower listed but no real information on Google (even the HD site doesn't get pulled up on the Google search) . Seeking information on the 575CFM blower (LB5750) and whether it replaces the 5300. Has the larger 5.0 Ah battery so will be a few pounds heavier, but is that the only difference? EGO doesn't really have much on their website, either. Or maybe I just get the 600CFM backpack from EGO instead and not worry about any differences in the handheld models :)
Photo of T Leong

T Leong

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

First I've heard of this
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for this. I'm purchasing it immediately.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Update, item purchased. I will review it when it comes in, expected delivery date, January 16.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

One more thing. If the blower tube hasn't changed, then fluid dynamics would suggest that 575CFM of air would come out of the tube at 120mph, not 142, so I ask you, is the 142mph the speed of the air at the fan, or at the end? I have no wish for EGO to become sleazy with speed specs like many other companies, including Echo, are.

I'm still purchasing that blower though.

one more thing. Is the side dial ambidextrous? if it's not, can you make it ambidextrous?
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Alright, EGO's not guilty of sleaziness in that aspect, so I'm relieved.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The manual states 120 mph
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I'm guessing that that was Home Depot doing its thing again... I'm also guessing that 142mph is with the flat nozzle it comes with. This is the new 2017 model I'm guessing, and I hope that the backpack battery doesn't cause the backpack blower to go away... I like how they put the speed dial on the side.

Also, There's a kit that comes with the 5Ah battery that costs $349.00, and the backpack blower kit costs $299.00  I'm curious as to why in that instance I would buy it instead of the backpack blower... well in any case, the backpack blower is next for me. I'm sure that will be fun.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I think this is following the trend of rating both peak and average air velocity, which I do not understand... it should be cfm over the nozzle area. Period.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I'm not sure I understand...
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

The way I understand it, companies are quoting both the peak air velocity at the center of the airstream (which is unaffected by the friction of the tube) as well as the average air velocity based on the area of the tube opening and the cfm rating.

A velocity profile in a duct looks something like this, with peak velocities near the center:
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,062 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Blue, your diagram makes my head ache .... : )
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

They should quote average air velocity and average volume, or let me put it this way. I'm tired of companies using numbers to mislead people, and Troy-Bilt committed the most gross example of that I have seen. It says on the box that their JET blower does 650CFM... That's in the housing, not at the nozzle, and that's in the housing without any tubes attached for that matter.

I keep hearing people saying "my 250mph Toro", and I'm thinking, "That's with the concentrator, and you're getting probably less than 90CFM through it that way.
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Same thing with Dewalt and 20v MAX. And 60V Max... aren't they just over charging their batteries to get a little more voltage? They are all doing it. ECHO. 58v... same number of cells as ego.

This stuff pissed me off too...

Marketing departments have no place in determining specifications and ratings.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

It's the North American way... those same DeWalt batteries are rated 18v and 54v on most other continents.

The marketing team is strong with the yellow/black group. I've always despised their advertising, but most other companies aren't much better.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

No turbo switch.  That's new. Power if runtime is 18 minutes on 252Wh pack is 840 watts. 575CFM at 120mph is about 17.5 newtons of force, compared to the backpack blower's 22 newtons.  I do not know what its peak force is, but I will find out after I get it in form shipping.  

You should send Tools in Action one of these.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I noticed the lack of turbo switch, too. I think it makes sense. The blower has a variable-speed thumb switch. Why add another potential point of failure with an additional button when the variable speed switch can handle that duty?

Other details: The 575 cfm blower kit comes with a 5.0 Ah battery, and the tapered nozzle and a shoulder strap are included in the box.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I'm still disappointed there's no turbo... from cars to blenders to blowers, turbo automatically makes everything better. It's TURBO!

If they didn't give us turbo the least they could've done is make it go to 11.

:-D
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,770 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Because 11 is one louder
Photo of Mark Belstadt

Mark Belstadt

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
how is the performance? worth the upgrade from the 530 cfm model? the price jump is daunting.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Remember, the 575 includes the 5Ah battery as well compared to the 2.5Ah battery with the 530.
Photo of Mark Belstadt

Mark Belstadt

Yes. I am looking for a system to get into, also interested in the string trimmer but I would almost rather have 2 x 2.5 Ah batteries than a single 5 Ah. Original price for the combo would be around $400 for 530 cfm blower, trimmer and 2 batteries. Now the price jumps to $550 for updated blower, trimmer and batteries. If there is a big jump in performance, runtime etc it may very well be worth the additional cost. But just ~45cfm doesn't sound all that impressive. Looking for experienced user feedback on performance improvement over 530 cfm model. Thanks in advance!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I see you've thought this through! :-)

TheAtomTwister (a member here) posted his review as well as a video on YouTube, if you search for that it might give you the answers you're looking for.
Photo of Mark Belstadt

Mark Belstadt

yes, I've had my eye on the EGO for a while now. Just discovered the 575 cfm and definitely got my attention! But at almost twice the price needs consideration, not in impulse buy range.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Agreed!
Photo of T Leong

T Leong

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled EGO 575 cfm leaf blower?.

Was on HD.com planning out my next EGO purchases and spotted an EGO 575 CFM blower listed but no real information on Google (even the HD site doesn't get pulled up on the Google search) . Seeking information on the 575CFM blower (LB5750) and whether it replaces the 5300. Has the larger 5.0 Ah battery so will be a few pounds heavier, but is that the only difference? EGO doesn't really have much on their website, either. Or maybe I just get the 600CFM backpack from EGO instead and not worry about any differences in the handheld models :)
Photo of BeeMan458

BeeMan458

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have one on order.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=+Review+EGO+142+MPH+575+CFM+Variable-Speed&ei=UTF-8&hs...

I'll be using either a 2.5Ah battery or a 5Ah battery.  I need about ten minutes of use out of a single battery.  The 2.5Ah battery is 2.1lbs lighter than the 5Ah battery.  All I care about is the amount of air put out the front of the tube and 575CFM works for me.  I'll be using it with the attachment on the front of the tube and the shoulder support strap.  The backpack model is too heavy for this old man's bad back.

Looking forward to it's arrival.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.