EGO 575 cfm leaf blower?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: EGO 575 cfm leaf blower?

Was on HD.com planning out my next EGO purchases and spotted an EGO 575 CFM blower listed but no real information on Google (even the HD site doesn't get pulled up on the Google search) . Seeking information on the 575CFM blower (LB5750) and whether it replaces the 5300. Has the larger 5.0 Ah battery so will be a few pounds heavier, but is that the only difference? EGO doesn't really have much on their website, either. Or maybe I just get the 600CFM backpack from EGO instead and not worry about any differences in the handheld models :)
Photo of T Leong

T Leong

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Nice find!  Here's the link for those who want to check it out:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-142-MPH-575-CFM-Variable-Speed-56-Volt-Lithium-ion-Cordless-Leaf-Blow...

I hate to be pessimistic, but I hope the price comes down... at $349 it doesn't seem like a very good value given the 600 CFM 5Ah backpack blower kit sells for $299.  My gut says this kit should be coming in at $249 or so to be a real value, especially considering the 530 CFM blower kit is $199.  At least it appears to include the strap and flat nozzle.

I know in Canada the initial release price is usually changed soon after, unfortunately up here it tends to go the wrong way...

The optimist in me says "WOW!", I'm glad to see Ego really pushing the envelope and staying ahead of the curve!

Hopefully it comes with the Rapid Charger... I noticed a significant portion of the 1-Star reviews for the 5Ah backpack blower kit were centered on the long recharge time of the 5Ah battery using the included standard charger.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

It's got the trigger lock style cruise control for one handed operation!  WOOT!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Photo of Erik

Erik

• 10,488 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
So that's still just a speed control and still no actual trigger lock?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I believe it locks the trigger at whatever throttle setting you want.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Just looked again, seems there's no turbo button either... kinda disappointed to see that.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ok ego. Seriously. Enough leaf blowers. Make something cool. 4 models of leaf blowers already. Almosthe as bad as cell phones. Once you buy it, a new model is right around the corner........... sigh
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,948 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
As a bare tool I would argue that this new model is more of a replacement for the 530 CFM model since it's only $10 more. The extra power and better looking speed control would be more than enough justification for the price premium.

As a kit, not so much... they are charging a huge premium for adding the five amp hour battery at the current price of $349.

I somehow doubt we will see a kit with the 575 CFM blower and a 2.5Ah battery since the power draw of this tool would drain that smaller battery awful quick. The manual states a run time of 18 minutes for the 5Ah battery at full power so the 2.5Ah battery would likely last nine minutes or less.
Photo of T Leong

T Leong

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hehe, well SCDC made a post two years ago with five ideas and three of them have happened!
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,062 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hurray, we have our own Nostradamus amongst our group. I will go to SCDC for all future EGO OPE's questions ..... : )
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.