ego 56v battery wont charge

• Problem
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • In Progress
ego 56v battery wont charge red light blinking  help!
Photo of George Diaz

George Diaz

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of James Woods

James Woods

If you tried to charge it right after using the battery sometimes you need to let it cool down before it will charge.
Photo of George Diaz

George Diaz

oh ok thanks
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 58,468 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Otherwise it's dead or under charged which the charger will reject it for safety reasons.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 43,704 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Generally the battery should appear to be charging even if it's hot. Ego's chargers have fans that  kick on to cool the battery to the point it can be charged, then the actual charging will start.

If it still doesn't charge after letting the battery sit for a while you'll need to call customer service. They'll troubleshoot with you to make sure the problem isn't the charger, then they'll ship you out a replacement.
Photo of Thomas Willey

Thomas Willey

• 60 Points
I have the same issue with a blinking red light on my battery.  I have been on hold two different times with customer service and have not spoken to anyone yet.  Is it possible to get a replacement battery at Home Depot or can I have customer service call me.  Help!  Tom W
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 41,794 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
HD will only do a complete exchange of the entire tool / kit you purchased.  So unless you purchased the battery as a stand alone item, you will not be able to exchange it at HD.  Also they really do not stock many batteries in store.
Hang in there with customer service.  Ego is aware of the problems.  They have the staff in place, but the phone lines just overload at times with all of the questions this time of year.
Try calling first thing in the morning if possible.  Or try leaving a call back number.They will certainly honor their warranties and are very helpful once you get connected.
(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike

• 15,550 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Another option, and has worked for me here, is to make a private post. There is a box you can check to make the post private and Amber or Jennifer will see it and act on it. You can leave contact information and not worry about it since the post is private.