Ego 21" SP built tough ... Surprisingly tough

• Praise
  • Updated 1 year ago
Just a quick story I've been meaning to post. About a month ago while heading over to mow my sister's yard, my tailgate opened and needless to say when I saw my mower roll out the back and go flying my heart fell. Luckily there was no one behind me when i was going close to 30 mph. I pulled over expecting to find a wheel(s) broken off, bent... Or worse the mower would just not work anymore. But allas the only thing that broke off was a small plastic cover over the handle hinge where the machine folds. I'll take it. Used it the rest of the season without a hitch. Even the self propel which i don't normally use still works like a champ. Even though this mower was over 3x more than my old gas one... At least it grew my faith that it will last.
Photo of Luis Patino

Luis Patino

• 670 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
These mowers are surprisingly tough!  That would have scared me as well.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,500 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
First time I used mine - new house/yard and new mower - I took out an in ground sprinkler head.  A thud and yellow light stop I never want to experience again.  2+ years later still going strong.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
My 20" is just as tough.. The motor whines like it's going into orbit from hitting a few stumps, but it still cuts!  4 years and counting. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Geez, you guys are tough on your stuff! I cut my grass wearing white gloves. You sound like barbarians! :-)