Ego 20" High Lift Blade

• Praise
  • Updated 3 months ago
Just a heads up the 20" high lift blade is now available at HD. I just ordered one. Unfortunately I won't be able to try it out for a few months due to all this snow. https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-20-in...
Photo of Matt M

Matt M

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 89,460 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
That is great news for all the 20" Ego owners out there.  Something that has been often requested in this forum and is now available.  I know the 21" provides very good lift for me when bagging. Enjoy !
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Awesome! My 20” mower will be happy to give this a try! I bag my grass so this is perfect!
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 54,678 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've been one of the lucky few who don't need a high lift blade for bagging performance but sure am glad to see this often requested item come to the market for those who need it.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Agreed, the 20” bags quite well with the original blade.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 65,126 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I have the 20-inch mower and mulch my grass and have been generally happy with the performance, but I'm still eager to try this blade, even to see if it makes a difference for mulching. I was planning to order the blade from the UK this spring until I saw how much the shipping was.

Still, with the amount of snow we have on the ground here, mowing my lawn seems like a dream at this point. At least I have my Ego snowblower to keep me happy in the meantime!
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

• 5,182 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ken,
I have a dual battery (two 7.5 ah batteries)  Ego Lawnmower.  I bought two high lift blades for it to see if they are better.  Believe or not, the stock blade mulches better.  I think the high lift blades are made for bagging.  I also have a single battery 21 in. self propelled Ego lawn mower and came up with the same results.  I know it takes a little more torque to turn the high lift blade.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Correct, the HL blade was made for bagging and discharging.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 65,126 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The HL blades are made for bagging and discharging, but some people have reported being happier with them for mulching as well. I guess I'll find out.
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

Just trying to save you some money.  Remember, your mower is going to work harder to spin those blades.  I remember the orange light turning on numerous occasions when I used those blades on my single battery self-propelled lawn mower.  The engine gets hotter faster and you also will lose some running time.   Good luck!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Never got an orange light when using my HL blade.  Shorter run time - yes. Probably 30% less or thereabouts.  But if you get needed improved performance - well worth the trade off.  If you have more than one 5.0(+) battery then it is not even an issue.
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

I have thick Kentucky blue grass that I cut at 4 inches.  My yard has many slopes.  Because I have a large yard, I try to go faster (my single battery self-propelled lawn mower) and that is when the orange light would go on and the motor would stop.   I used to wait for about a minute and started mowing at a slower speed and that solved the problem. This never happened when I used the standard blade.  Now with my dual battery lawn mower (two 7.5 ah batteries) I can go as fast as I want.  By the way Szwoopp, is your lawn mower self-propelled?  If not, your battery and motor is just being used to turn the blade.  If the lawn mower is self-propelled, the motor has to work harder to move the lawn mower and also turn the blade.  The lawn mower is like the snow blower.  If you try to push the snow blower through heavy snow to fast, the orange light will come on and the motor will shut down.  That also happened to me and that's when I upgraded to two 7.5 ah batteries.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Yes, 21" SP mower. 
As I always state in the many discussions on blades and mowers - results vary based on thickness of lawn, cut height, moisture, and expectations.
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

I agree!!!!
Photo of travis

travis

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
does this blade fit the steel deck 20? (LM2020SP) Home depot says it only fits LM2000 and LM2001 .thanks
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Yes, it fits all Ego 20” mowers.
Photo of Roger Smith

Roger Smith

• 178 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I note this HL blade AB2001 fits LM2001E, my model.  When will this blade be available in Australia?

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 51,718 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I wonder if you misread? It looks like the AB2001 fits different models than your LM2001E. From the EGO AU site - Suits LM2021E and 2022E SP models.

I admit I'm not fully up on my metric system so I may be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and certainly won't be the last. LOL

https://egopowerplus.com.au/products/ab2001-50cm-mower-blade

Photo of Roger Smith

Roger Smith

• 178 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Quite possible I did but UK site - https://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog/EGO-AB2001-High-Lift-Lawnmower-Blade-EGAB2001.html#SID=5613 lists this blade as Suitable for LM2000E, LM2010E, LM2010E-SP, LM2001E, LM2011E, LM2014E-SP.
I do note though that the blade is listed as 50cm on AU EGO site, and as you have said. 

I suppose my next question is: Is an HL blade available for LM2001E?

Actually re-reading this thread there is a lot of incorrect / misleading information (maybe).

UK site says yes it fits this model / it fits all 20" mowers / HD says it fits  LM2000 and LM2001, Ego AU says it fits LM2021E and 2022E SP.  No wonder we are all confused. Well I am anyway. 

Has anyone fitted this blade to a LM2001E?  Did it work / what was the result.
(Edited)