Does the backpack blower have interchangeable batteries?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Does the backpack blower have interchangeable batteries? It looks like from the picture that you have to order the blower with a 5.0amp battery and it comes with a built in charger. If it has interchangeable batteries, then why do you need a built in charger? If the battery can be interchanged, will the blower be offered without the battery?
Photo of Larry

Larry

• 800 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,728 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The backpack blower comes with a removable battery and a separate charger.  The charger is not built into the backpack.  We will be offering this product as a bare tool (no battery or charger included) in the coming weeks. All EGO Power+ batteries, regardless of Ah rating, are completely interchangeable between all EGO Power+ products, including this new backpack blower.
Photo of steve

steve

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
To be certain, so the 2.5aH battery on the 530 CFM with work in new backpack blower that uses 5.0aH battery? What is the run time on backpack wth 2.5aH, about half ?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 70,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes, all Ego batteries work in all Ego tools and yes a 2.5 will have about half the run time of a 5.0 
That said, tools with larger power demands will perform better with the larger batteries. In the case of the back pack blower it may become annoying to have to change the battery as often as needed when using a 2.5 battery, but that is certainly a personal preference and convenience determination.
Photo of steve

steve

Thank you for quick reply. Would only use 2.5 when 5 rubs outs between charging. Reviews look good onbackpack. Do you own one? I am very pleased with 530cfm handheld.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 70,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I also have the 530 which I think is great (do not have the back pack).  2.5 as a backup sounds like a good plan.

Check here regarding new control and make sure you get the one you prefer
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/new-backpack-blower-commercial
Photo of steve

steve

Thank you
Photo of jeff irish

jeff irish

• 60 Points
I purchased the backpack blower today which came with a 5.0 battery. I already had a 2.5 battery so my purchase was based on being able to use both to complete my yard. Unfortunately the 2.5 does not work with the blower. It won’t blow at max power(the power I experience with the 5.0) and even more concerning is it shuts off after 2-3 seconds of blowing and requires me to release the trigger and re-engage. Has anyone else experienced this?
As an FYI, the 2.5 battery still works well on my string trimmer so it doesn’t appear to be a bad battery issue.