Edger Attachment Compatible?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

I just place order for this via Home Depot online and noticed there's an option for an edger attachment. Will this trimmer accommodate the edger attachment?
Photo of Frank Hurst

Frank Hurst

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 69,134 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
No, the edger attachment only works with the new multi-tool system's power head. The 15-inch trimmer isn't compatible with any attachments.
Photo of Frank Hurst

Frank Hurst

To confirm, This is the model trimmer I purchased. I currently have the EGO mower.

15 in. 56-Volt Lithium-ion Electric Cordless String Trimmer with Rapid Reload Head, Battery and Charger Not Included
Model # 300638535
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 58,706 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The edger attachment will not work with the trimmer you purchased. The edger attachment only goes with the multi-tool power head.
Photo of Frank Hurst

Frank Hurst

So which power head is compatible? Model # please.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 92,168 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Powerhead PH1400

Power Head System 15” String Trimmer & Edger Combo KitMHC1502
(Edited)
Photo of Aaron K

Aaron K

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hey Frank, the Edger attachment is compatible with this product (Model #PH1400):

POWER+ Power Head - Battery and Charger not included - $149.00
http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-POWER-Power-Head-Battery-and-Charger-not-included-PH1400/301276678?cm...
Photo of Frank Hurst

Frank Hurst

Found it MST1501 but is there a model without the battery and charger?. Thanks for all the responses.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 92,168 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No kit without a battery and charger.  You would have to purchase the pieces you want individually.
Photo of twiteroo

twiteroo

• 1,844 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Be wary that the edger attachment has been OOS for months now.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 69,134 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Well, weeks. It's due back in stock in July.
Photo of twiteroo

twiteroo

• 1,844 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the update, I have asked HD to ping me when it is available - is there a similar service with EGO too ?
Photo of James A.

James A.

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 8 in. Edger Attachment for EGO Power Head System.

I purchased the EGO 15" String Trimmer (7/2017) and now see that there is a 8 in. Edger Attachment for EGO Power Head System. Will this Edger Attachment work with my current String Trimmer?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.