Does the 31 in. Extension Pole work between the power head and string trimmer?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Does the 31 in. Extension Pole Attachment (EP7500) work between the power head and string trimmer? I need to trim down a bank and an extension would be great.
Photo of Curt Rogers

Curt Rogers

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,512 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
While there is nothing preventing the trimmer attachment (or any other attachment) from physically connecting, Ego's official position is that the extension is only designed to be used with the pole saw attachment.
Photo of diane ragland

diane ragland

• 60 Points
I was really hoping you had come out with one that would officially fit. Do you know when this might be? We have several Ego products and love them all.
Diane Ragland
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,016 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We don't have that planned at the moment, Diane, but your thoughts will absolutely be shared with the team. 
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,512 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Diane, are you trying to do what the OP requested, which is to use the trimmer with the extension?  I am having a hard time coming up with a reasonable scenario where that would be useful.

I used the pole saw with the 31" extension this past weekend, and that thing is not very easy to control when straight up and down, and even more so the more you lean it over.  I cannot imagine trying to use the trimmer at the end of a nearly 6-7 foot setup.

Photo of ignisuti

ignisuti

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I've done this and it works well. I can't think of any practical reason for doing this unless you're trying to hit weeds on the other side of a small creek or trench. 

I won't lie, it make me feel powerful... ;)