Do you know what is missing on this fantastic machine???

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Why did the front wheel are not spinning like some mower that you run why sit on it??
You will not have to push down the mower at each end of row that you mowed.
When your young no problem, but when you are little bit older, that will ease the process.
Is that a bad idea.
Photo of Denis Paré

Denis Paré

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Alec Mansfield

Alec Mansfield

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I do not understand this proposal.
Photo of Brad Christie

Brad Christie

• 2,568 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I *think* they're asking for front wheel drive, so they can keep drive handle down while rotating/changing direction.
(Edited)
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,072 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Sounds to me like they are asking for the front wheels to spin so they don't have to raise the front end of the mower when it's time to turn it around.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,948 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I think you're right.

It needs to be said that there are very few mowers available with this feature, so it's not like the Ego mowers are depriving people of something commonly available elsewhere.

Having said that, there's always room for improvement. However, there are critics of that design who say the swiveling front wheels make it very difficult to cut nice straight lines.
Photo of Denis Paré

Denis Paré

Thanks for your input.

About your questioning to cut nice straight lines.

Just a second idea.

Let’s have a little lever on the left side of the handle.
The wheels stay always straight, but at the end of a row, just pull the little lever who will release the wheels and let them swivel to do the turning and after, just release the lever and automatically as soon the wheels come sraight in the middle, they are blocked again.
Is that sound clear enough.
Hope this idea will be study by the Ego team.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,948 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I like it! It may be a complicated system to implement, but if Ego could design a simple, robust and reliable solution it would definitely add to the mower's appeal!
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
So you want the front wheels to be like the front wheels of a shopping cart when not locked into place for forward, straight movement of the mower? I find that unnecessary because as a professional, I just lift the front wheels of the mower and swing around. Its necessity depends on who is operating the mower, but considering that right now I'm using a gas mower, I do not think it would be particularly hard to lift the front wheels pivoting on the back wheels by pushing down on the mower's handle in the instance of using an EGO mower.
Photo of Denis Paré

Denis Paré

When you are a little bit older, it could be a good thing. Also my wife like to do it, but she had some heart problem and it's difficult for her to lift the front wheels.

I'm sure we are not alone.
(Edited)
Photo of Rob

Rob

Yes Denis, you are correct. We tend to forget about those who have ailments that prevent them from moving around freely.

You have the right to handle your own lawn care like everyone else.
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I did say "Its necessity depends on who is operating the mower", and I did not forget about people with ailments.  Again, the idea is noted and EGO can consider it. I do not need anyone, particularly you considering that you got it wrong, speaking for what I tend to do. Are we clear :)
Photo of Rob

Rob

Awwwww, his little feelings are still hurt from my other post.

I was agreeing with the poster. Didn't care what you posted.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

what other post? I agree with the poster too. I'm just a proud man and I don't need people telling others what I do. I'm just drawing the border of my territory like any proud man will do. It's not a matter of hurt feelings.
Photo of Rob

Rob

Pride is a sin.

I personally tend to forget that there are those who have limited mobility.
Photo of Denis Paré

Denis Paré

Please guys don't be rude against each other.
It's just an idea to help people who need it.
If you don't need that that's OK.

Life is so short, we may love each other and just have fun...
Photo of Rob

Rob

You are right. There is no need to be rude but I can be rude with the best of them.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I understand. I didn't mean to seem hostile, and I understand that you were just being objective and stating facts.
Photo of Rob

Rob

Cool. It's squashed. I seem hostile in a lot of my posts....lol
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I know your type, that happens to people like you all of the time. I know. I used to be just like you in that respect, and I think I would be correct to compare you to Spock.
Photo of Rob

Rob

Ummmm, I don't know exactly how to take that.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
So you want to pick up the rear to pivot around? Hmm great way to get your legs as close to the blade as possible. This is a horrible idea. If i undersfand it correctly.
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ok im glad you meant front castor wheels.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Denis, thanks for sharing this idea and we're glad we now understand what you're talking about too!  We've shared this with our design team and will keep you posted if we make this kind of change.  What a great idea!