DISAPPOINTED

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

We just purchased the 56-Volt leaf blower and battery. The main purpose of this purchase was the "turbo" power. Probably will return it sadly. The cost for 15 minutes run time followed by 50 minutes charging time is prohibitive in my opinion. An extra battery costs $141.00 Now total has come to $341.00 + tx DISAPPOINTEDD
Photo of Christine Price

Christine Price

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,748 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Christine, this is why I really wish they wouldn’t market long run times based on the slower settings. Go ahead and show the thing off at top speed, but let people know that with power like this, comes short run times. They could market it for getting things done quicker too.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 63,024 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's kind of frustrating. However, do you think you really need the turbo feature most of the time? I've seen people on here posting that the high (?) setting seems to work great for most things. Save turbo for a boost here and there. Might depend on which blower you have, I suppose.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We're sorry you're disappointed, Christine. Have you tried experimenting with lower speeds? As the community has mentioned, turbo depletes the battery faster and is usually not needed to still get the job done. 
Photo of Christine Price

Christine Price

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Will do as soon as rain lets up today.
Photo of giggleherz .

giggleherz .

• 2,188 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Amber you are an official Rep, I own a new mower and blower and have one or two questions. How do I get an email to you this format is a bit confusing?
ty
RB
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 72,226 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can always post here anyway because either Amber or someone else with experience with the tools can at least try to answer.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 62,814 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey giggleherz, you can create a private post that only the mods can see. So, Amber will be able to see it. From the search bar just type anything and it will take you to some search results. Scroll down a little bit and there is a button that says something like "create a new conversation", or words to that effect. Click on that and then once in the create the new conversation window, there is a box to check so you can make your conversation private. Amber, or someone from Ego will respond.
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
As Mike and Ken mentioned, private posts can only be viewed by me and Jen. Please let us know how we can help. :-) 
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 72,290 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I only need the turbo setting if I need to move gravel and I'm too lazy to bend down and move it by hand. Seriously.

For moving leaves, grass clippings and mulch I never need anything more than about half power.
Photo of whatmanj

whatmanj

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm not using turbo for my leaves and I only get 15 minutes. Really disappointed. Looked into another battery and it cost the same as the blower almost. We should have done some research 1st before we bought this.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,940 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What blower do you have?  530   575
What size battery?  2.0  2.5 5.0
Are you running on high speed or low speed
You should not be disappointed, Ego blowers are great tools and highly rated.
Photo of Matt Suppa

Matt Suppa

• 60 Points
I agree, after about a year, mine won't hold a charge as long as it once did.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 72,258 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If the longevity of your battery has noticeably dropped in only a year, call customer service and see if they'll replace it under warranty. The batteries are guaranteed for three years. I've been using my batteries for two years now with no noticeable dropp-off in runtime, so there may be a problem with your battery.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

While watching football, I saw the TV ad for the backpack blower again.  The ad said "2 hours run time".  My god they are just asking for trouble with that ad.
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 10,206 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
That's why they're going to get lots of new people bitching. I bet more people then not don't read the directions, buy a EGO tool charge the battery, pop it in and go to town. Then get mad because they're blower lasted 10 min on turbo when the commercial said 2 hours.

Just like the snow blower commercial sats "35ft throwing distance" when it should say "up to". Already seen a lot of yelling about the blower not throwing snow anywhere near 35ft.

I haven't read the directions on any ego tool I bought. Because they're pretty much plug and play. I just figure lower speed setting on something battery powered = longer run time.
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I hate this because EGO makes fantastic tools, But this is what happens with marketing departments. Sigh.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Marketing. The art of creatively selling stuff.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

The art, indeed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.