Differences between 2102 and 2142 Mowers

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • In Progress
The website lists the 2142 as having a brushless motor. Is the same true for the 2102? I tried looking in the manual and specs for info, but found none. Second question is: the 2102 shows dual battery capacity like the 2142 in the pictures for its description, yet only comes with one battery. Does it actually have the capability to add another battery or is the 2142 the only model with dual battery capacity? Thanks Ego community!
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 63,072 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
2102 is not a brushless motor and only has the capacity to use one battery at a time.

2142 is the only mower model with the dual battery capacity (the snowblower also use the dual battery system)

Not sure what picture you are seeing, but I have noticed that some of the reviews get shared among mowers and other similar products and are not always specific to a particular model.
(Edited)
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the response! I'm just looking at the stock photos when I look at the 2102 details that are not the customer photos. I really appreciate the help.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 62,698 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Anytime Jonathan.  Lots of helpful folk on this board - come back with any more questions or give us a review of the mower you decide on.

And good catch on the mower pictures.  This is definitely an error and Ego will see this and get it corrected.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 66,522 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention! The team has updated the product page. Our apologies for any misunderstanding!