Difference between ST1300E and ST1500E linetrimmers

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Hi all, so I went in to purschase the ST1500 Line Trimmer 15" but they were out of stock, so the guy talked me into the ST1300 13" one.

Before I open the box and start using it, apart from the 2 inches what is the differences?   ie more power, newer tech / older tech and can they both take a brush cutter blade etc.

If the ST1300 is much worse and can't take the brush cutter tri blade, I will return it and get the ST1500 when its in stock.

Cheers!
Photo of Russell Black

Russell Black

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Don

Don

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Either way, if it still works, keep your old trimmer . I’m now four weeks into a repair on my 15 inch after only about 50 hours usage. Seems they have a problem with the brushes in the motor. Definitely will not get any more Ego-products.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 163,250 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You mean the brushes in the brushless motor?
Photo of Don

Don

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just quoting the repair guy. I hope he knows what he’s talking about.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 35,332 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I've been on this forum awhile now and I think yours is the first mention of a brush problem. The 15" string trimmer is just about EGO's best product in my view. Seems you got a clunker, but it will be fixed. Don't give up on EGO over one thing.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 163,516 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Russell, if you want to use the brush cutter blade you'll need to get the Powerhead multi-tool system with the brush cutter attachment.  Here's the product page:

https://egopowerplus.co.uk/products/multi-tool

For those following along, no, we still can't get this attachment here in North America. :-(
Photo of Russell Black

Russell Black

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Believe it or not, i can buy all the attachments at stores here in New Zealand now but they aren’t getting stock of the power head for them for another 3 months!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 163,516 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Booo!