Didn't know I had to buy specific multi-head system - wasted money

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • In Progress
I purchased the ST1500SF String Timmer in addition to an extension pole and pole saw. I finally went to use the pole saw when I realized there was no easy way to remove the trimmer and install the saw. After researching it appears I needed to buy the specific multi-head system. This was not clear to me when I purchased the individual parts. I now have to waste money on an additional head to use my saw.
Photo of John Anderson

John Anderson

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • Mad

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Keith Wilhoite

Keith Wilhoite

• 256 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I’m not sure how the powerhead system isn’t clear. Either you’re buying stand alone items or interchangeable ones. Just a mistake, not wasted money
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 62,914 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Did you not need a string trimmer? If your purchase was within 90 days (or 1 year if you used an HD card), you can return it to Home Depot. Then get the powerhead. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
You have 90 days to exchange. Just figure out what you need before getting out the credit card this time! :-)
Photo of John Anderson

John Anderson

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I bought the blade over 90 days ago - just tried to use it today for the first time. The Home Depot I was at didn't display the multi-head, but they did have a string trimmer right next to the pole saw. All other multi-tool options I've purchased from other companies didn't have the two separate options - meaning every head was a multi-tool. I just didn't research it and now I have to buy a multi-tool head just to be able to use the blade. $150+ down the drain. 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 62,914 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Well, you have a great string trimmer.
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 10,068 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Home depot is currently selling the power head (bare tool, no battery or charger) with an edger attachment for $129. Might be the cheapest way to go, plus you get a bonus edger.
(I think you need to order it online, not sure if your store will stock it or not.)
https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-56-Volt-Lithium-ion-Cordless-Power-Head-Edger-Bare-Tool-Multi-Head-E...
(Edited)