diagnose a problem with a lawn mower

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: duplicate

i was informed that i need to take it to home depot, where i was told that it would take 6-8 weeks to diagnose and repair it because they ship it atlanta, ga, to perform this type service. to me this is totally unacceptable. 
Photo of amable r trujillo

amable r trujillo

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,520 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

that is unacceptable to me as well.  I'd find a work around, and if you search here enough it's been mentioned before

Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You may find it undesirable, but I don't know how you can simply call it unacceptable?  I have owned many TV's and AV receivers that have from time to time broken.  My Pioneer receiver that broke 2 years ago took 16 weeks to get fixed under the warranty. it took so long that I simply ended up purchasing a new unit and when the fixed one came back I gave it a good test to make sure all was working and put it back in the box and put it up for sale.  My Samsung TV took just over 5 weeks to get fixed.  I was lucky that we have other TV's inside the house and I really don't watch much TV.

I don't see anywhere inside the warranty a clause that says that if your equipment is down for more than a weekend that they must provide you with a rental or replacement.  I think you could have a point if they were saying it will take 9+ months, but that is not the case.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,520 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
6-8 weeks is a lot more than "a weekend".
More like half the mowing season, and thats unacceptable to me.
I would buy another and return it in 6-8 weeks.
I dont see any clause that says you cant do that.
Maybe ego should work out an acceptable repair system?
Photo of Harry

Harry

• 2,802 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Agree with the comment on the lack of a repair capability. Until EGO solves this, I sense their appeal is limited. I've mentioned this many times on this forum with no apparent response from EGO. Maybe they are working on  a solution, but no evidence to that effect.  Once the word gets around that it takes many weeks to get a repair, the market will either dry up or be greatly reduced. Had I known this before I bought my 21" SP mower, I would have had second thoughts for sure. Although I'm mostly pleased with the mower so far.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Maybe if you told us a little about the problem you're having we could help you.

amable r trujillo

That makes a lot of sense. Thx

amable r trujillo

It starts ok and after a few seconds it stops. The ego's tech suggested to take it to hd for repair. Thx
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Take the blade off and turn it on. Does it still kill? If so its probably the startup sequence failing. If not, its a severe blade imbalance. I have seen this once before.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It sounds like the handle clips or the pivot switch possibly. Dont push forward at all. Instead pull it backwards.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

• 8,606 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Make sure you have the handles fully extended and clips snap in place.
Is this a 20 or 21?
Any lights indicated issues? Anything but green is indicating possible issue(s).
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
To expand on Ex's comment, if the handle clips are not fully secure and the handle firmly pulled back all the way, when you start to mow the handle can slip forward which engages the safety stop switch and shuts the mower down.

It's a very common issue and many people find that the mower works fine once the handle is extended and clipped properly. If it's a 20" mower you may need to have the handle clips changed out for the newer version.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's my thought as well. This could be a simple fix.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.