DECEPTIVE PACKAGING LB530 BLOWER

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: My new EGO Battery Powered (530 CMF) Blower stopped after 25 minutes.

Package says it will run up to 75 min/charge.   Specs inside package state it will run 10 min using booster and 22 min on high without booster.    I recognize "up to" statement is lowest power setting, but who uses that setting?  Would expect most users use high and would certainly expect to get much more than 29% of the "up to" run time touted on the box!
Photo of Blow Me Down

Blow Me Down

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • like I've been deceived by the packaging.

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 158,158 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I'm not disagreeing with you, but it has to be said that this has become the industry standard for battery powered equipment. "Up to" is used pretty much anywhere a battery powered tool manufacturer claims a run time. It's universally regarded as a "best case scenario", and in the case of variable speed tools, usually involves the most efficient operating speed.

Do note that battery powered blowers are not usually advertised as leaf blowers, indicating their use is intended for general purpose blowing. I can effectively clean grass clippings from my driveway using the lowest setting of the 575 cfm blower, for example, and I would expect much longer use at that speed than I would at higher speeds.