Cutting height adjustment

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Setting 3 is too high but at Setting 2 it slows or jams. Can you adjust height settings or blade depth?
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
As of right now, the mower height settings are what they are. Some have tried modifying the mower's height themselves.

A "fine tune" option would be nice, like allowing the user to adjust a screw that would give +/-0.5" from any of the factory height settings.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 36,892 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If your mower doesn't have the white plastic cover between the deck and the blade then you could try the unofficial workaround I posted elsewhere on this site, but of course it would be at your own risk and could potentially jeopardize your warranty coverage. Basically add a spacer to drop the blade down 1/4". I am not aware of any such modification that can be done on the revised version with the plastic plate.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,326 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Hi SuperDave,

The new revision of the mower with the vent doesn't leave any room to work with the bolt assembly.  The blade barely fits on the assembly how it is.  I would deeply advise against any modification on the newer design. 

Photo of JoeJ

Joe

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I never really took a close look at the wheels, but are these replaceable?  If so, I wonder if EGO has any plans to sell an alternate set of wheels for a different range of cutting heights.

Edit:  Actually, there are some spare front and rear wheels for the EGO mower for sale on EBAY, so apparently they can be replaced.  However, there doesn't seem to be much room for improvement on the front wheels - they're already very close to the deck housing the mower blades.

(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.