CUSTOMER SERVICE UNIMPRESSIVE

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: CS

Unpacked my mower and found a dust cover broken.  One call was made to customer service, and I finally gave up, opting for the call-back in 24 business hours.  Of course the call back was made more than 24 business hours and while I was on a conference call.

I called back and was placed in queue hell.  First, why not provide me with a different line to call back on?  Also, why do I need to hear (every 20 seconds) about "checking out the website"?  Don't you think after hearing it again and again, I would get it?  Of course, the website does nothing to resolve my problem.

You "sincerely apologize for the wait", but what are you doing to improve wait times?
Photo of David Vallina

David Vallina

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • unimpressed

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Bev Morgan

Bev Morgan

• 672 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
David, Did you buy from Home Depot or did you order it online? If you ordered it from Home Depot the 1st thing I would do is return it to them. They are very good about exchanging them out. There is no hassle about it at all. If you ordered it online good luck with the wait time. I agree with you on this matter. They are so hard to reach by phone.
Best of luck,
Bev 

PS. They do have great products, you will love your mower once you get this all resolved
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,510 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

This isn't about Ego, (I had good luck the couple times I've called Ego) but those "apologize for the wait" and "visit us on the web" messages,

"Due to high call volume, wait time may be long" means to me, somebody needs more customer service reps.

(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If I bought a new product and it came with a broken part right out of the box it would go right back to the store, especially if it was bought at Home Depot. Even if you ordered from the HD website they can handle returns and reorders in-store.

Apart from that, I agree it would be nice if Ego hired a few extra people, but this is their busiest time of the year and they're getting slammed. Be patient and call back from time to time. I wouldn't wait 24 hours.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you MUST call Ego, call them when their lines first open in the morning.  After that, hold times are long.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Sorry, David. We know it can be a challenge sometimes, but please know that we ARE actually working to improve this. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.