CS1400 Oil Level

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Can't see oil in fill window

I haven't used my new CS1400 yet. I added chain oil to what looks like the bottom of the fill hole, but I don't really see any oil level in the viewing window. Is it just hard to see to , Jim
Photo of jim curry

jim curry

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 42,174 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Then it is full  :)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 126,258 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The level is a little hard to see, unless the oil you use has a darker color. You can see the oil build up at the bottom of the filler screen, but this requires some patience as once it gets to that level it doesn't take much more to over fill it.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 16,142 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
It is VERY HARD to see the oil level through the mostly opaque white window.   Why they chose such opaqueness for an oil-level viewing window MAKES NO SENSE!
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 1,690 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I have a dark chain oil, and can see the level indicator well enough. (If it is full or empty it can be hard to tell, as the whole bar is the same color, but if the level is somewhere between full/empty you can see the difference in color, at least in sunlight.)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 44,204 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
As it can sometimes be tough to see exactly how much oil is there through the window, we recommend using only an amount equal to that of a shot glass at any given time.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 16,142 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
How about you recommend to your engineers that they change that window to a clear one for new units.  At least spare new customers the same aggravation that us current owners have with the opaque window.  Comment?
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 44,204 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Your comments and ideas have been shared with the development team. :-) 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.