Cordless Vacuum

• Idea
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
How about a cordless vacuum? Would live to add that to my leaf and snow blower family!
Photo of Cheryl Hollenberg

Cheryl Hollenberg

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,390 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
often requested, but no news yet from ego
Photo of cliff collier

cliff collier

• 64 Points
Hopefully they will have one soon! Great equipment and a vacuum would be a great addition. Just do it!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Get in line, Cheryl, it’s forming quickly! :-D

Cheryl Hollenberg

Looking for an indoor cordless vacuum. It would be a great addition to existing products!!
Photo of Frank Thomas

Frank Thomas

• 74 Points
Would love a cordless vacuum to use on my vehicles. If I want powerful suction I have to drag out my corded vacuum along with a extension cord.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 18,162 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Frank, would think it would be both bulky and heavy as an auto vac. I use a Black and Decker cordless Lithium ion rechargable that is perfect. It is available at Costco now.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 71,864 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I would particularly like an Ego wet-dry shop-vac for my garage.

William E Hanson

• 18,512 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Cheryl, good luck with that; the EGO battery weight. Even the 2.0 Ah one is too heavy and bulky for such an application. Their selling point is that all batteries are basically interchangeable amongst their tools. Now, a wet/dry vac on casters is a real potential. It's inconvenient to use mine we hen there isn't an outlet close by. Then again, there's the EGO Nexus inverter aleady available.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
An upright style vacuum that carries the weight on the floor end would be a great form factor for an indoor Ego vac. I agree a stick vac (Dyson) style would be heavy with the Ego battery.

Ego shop vac would be incredible! For cordless to make the most sense I think it should be portable like the Rigid Pro Pack, which I own and love:

Cheryl Hollenberg

I think Blue Angel and I are looking for 2 different types of vacuums. I am definitely looking for a traditional upright indoor vacuum. Yes the stick style wouldn't work with the Ego battery due to the size and weight.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,652 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This is what I want for inside, just powered by Ego:

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

The shop vac would be a bonus for the garage. ;-)

William E Hanson

• 16,768 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Why buy another shop vac when you can get the EHO Nexus Inverter?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 92,822 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Because the Ego Nexus probably won't power most vacuums
To big of a power draw
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Yep, 150W max on the Nexus.

William E Hanson

• 18,512 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Cheryl, sorry I mistook your wish for one of those portable handhelds. I understand the upright without cords would be so much more convenient.
Photo of Adam

Adam

• 148 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Our cleaning lady has often said that our (bagged and corded) Miele is the best vacuum cleaner she has used. She detests all Dysons. I have a small Dyson (bagless and cordless) used to clear up after a coffee roasting session and to clean out cars, but it is no more than acceptable, in terms of cleaning performance or battery life. I was seduced and deluded by the concept of the Dyson. Now I would not even contemplate buying a Dyson, I utterly loathe the man and all that he stands for.