Cordless leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher needed

• Idea
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Under Consideration
I'd like to suggest that Ego manufacture a cordless leaf blower that also vacuums and mulches the leaves, with db less than 70, and not too heavy.  Also must have metal blades.
Photo of Pat C.

Pat C.

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Hopeful

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 41,010 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Yeah, that's an often requested item from EGO. Maybe one of these days it will come true.
In the meantime if you have a string trimmer, it can be used as a leaf mulcher. Check out this thread. I tried it and it worked great.
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/string-trimmer-as-leaf-mulcher
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 75,864 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ego lawn mowers do a great job of mulching leaves back into the lawn as well.  No bags, no rakes, no stickers and a very healthy lawn.
(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 41,010 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I know if I left all the leaves on my lawn, mulched, my lawn would be a bed of leaves. We just get too many to leave (hah!) them all. Most of what I pick up and then break down with my trimmer, or mower, end up in my compost pile to be added to yard or garden beds over time.
Photo of Wayne W.

Wayne W.

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Until Ego brings a leaf blower-Vac combo to market, anyone have suggestions as to which one to buy now? The Black and Decker model possibly?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

I stick with my mulching advice above.
If that does not work for you, I have a B&D corded blower/vac that did the job for me for many years.  It has now been retired in favor of mulching, but worked great before I got my Ego mower.
(Edited)
Photo of Wayne W.

Wayne W.

Thanks..  actually its not the lawn, so I should explain further.. I have a pool screen enclosure, and leaves collect in the valley between roof and screen.  I have to go onto the roof (over my wife's protests) with my corded blower/vac to remove the leaves, and it would be lots easier without the cord.  I have tried blowing only but its not always a good solution, depending on the number of leaves.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

something like this combined with an Ego leaf blower might do the job and keep you off the ladder/roof.  Happy wife=happy life :)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Worx-Universal-Gutter-Cleaning-Kit-WA4092/204691406?keyword=worx+gutter&...

(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 171,448 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Worth a shot!
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 56,052 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I keep thinking about buying a kit like that, but I'm in a split-level and half my roof is really up there. I think one of those kits would work for the other half, though.

One advantage of having a drone: At least i can inspect my gutters from the ground so I know whether they even need to be cleaned!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 171,448 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ego needs a gutter cleaning Bot, with live feed video action!
Photo of Wayne W.

Wayne W.

Good thought szwoopp,  but the gutter cleaning kit is not an option. The valley in question is where my screen enclosure is attached to the roof, therefore totally inaccessible from the ground.  I guess its either suffer the cord, consider a gas powered blow/vac, or give something like the Black & Decker LSWV36 a try. 
Photo of Timothy

Timothy

• 868 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
A modular snow blower, that could be adapted to do leaves would be a nice-to-have. :)
Photo of Reinhart Thorsen

Reinhart Thorsen

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Lawn vacuum.

I have nearly every tool eGo makes, and would love to add a lawn vacuum to the mix
Photo of Ed Drose

Ed Drose

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Wet/Dry Vacuum!.

Hey, love your products!
Idea for you - develop a battery operated wet/dry vacuum... I'd buy the first one!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 75,936 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
get in line