Copper Creek Cuts "reviews" commercial lineup

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Not a Problem
I just wanted to share this to make sure the diehard EGO enthusiasts are aware of this guy's YouTube channel and negative publicity he is putting on EGO's brand new commercial lineup.

I haven't been following this channel for very long, but I have my suspicions about the authenticity of his "reviews". As of this writing, Brad (Copper Creek Cuts) has released 3 videos mentioning EGO products and they are all negative. 

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WgMeRGCT2s
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwA1hXfAg98
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA9WyIPwr-Q

The third video is the first where he actually has a piece of equipment to review, the string trimmer. As foreshadowed by his earlier two, it is negative, basically showing excerpts where it would be considered unreliable. I'm not sure what's going on with that String Trimmer or if he just got a bad apple. But none of it makes any sense, because in my experience using their mower and string trimmer, it would easily cut the grass he is using it on non-stop. Something smells fishy, and my hunch is when he posts videos on the Hedge Trimmer and Leaf Blower they will also be negative for no apparent reason. He doesn't even mention how the tool performed in any of his videos. How can that be considered a review?
Photo of Tommy Woerner

Tommy Woerner

• 72 Points
  • annoyed

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 18,812 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Problem is when someone grinds the ax too much, they end up chopping their own head off.
Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 5,852 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Bitchy reviews for sure but.......lots of valid points. Don't think it's fake just a guy comparing battery to gas in the wrong way.

If you are getting into battery to save money then you are already off to the wrong start.

Growing pains for sure by commercial guys who think their going to get the same level of service from dealers as they get on their gas equipment.

Regardless of what the copper creek guy says you can make Ego equipment work at a commercial level day in and day out. I don't like the design of their commercial line up so for now I will stick with their consumer products and keep making money.

Jeremy
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 72,226 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
His neighbors must love him for regularly growing his yard that long in order to review products. I'm surprised he isn't being cited for it by the city.

He does sound a little cagey to me. There's something more going on there.
Photo of walt dutchak

walt dutchak

• 1,514 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
- If you check this guy's channel, you will see that he currently has 319 videos dealing with many different brands and types of equipment.
- This guy is strictly speaking from a "Commercial mind set" (his words).   His main point was that the EGO marketing claims cannot be verified to represent what they claim and he has been unable to make contact with an EGO representative to explain things to him.
- Overall, lots of useful information in his presentations, and he makes a point of specifying that he has no 'gripe' against any EGO products specifically.
- If one does not like what he has to say, then do not watch his stuff.
- This world is full of all sorts of people with all sorts of views on many things. 
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 10,106 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
walt dutchack if you are not fully in love with every EGO product there must be "something behind it".
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 68,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
And sometimes, Erik, there really is something behind it. More often than you'd think.
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 3,510 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Really it’s either or? I love my EGO don’t get me wrong, but to say you in or your out kinda sounds culty to me. EGO is not perfect, but they are a lot better than the alternative in my opinion, but I think it is ok if someone else doesn’t think that way.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 20,460 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Is EGO claiming that $.39 worth of electricity will charge a battery so many times that it equates to how long  gas-powered equipment will run on 1 gallon of gas? https://egopowerplus.com/commercial
(scroll to the bottom of the page)
(Edited)
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 18,812 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Dave, can't speak for others, but cost wasn't part of my choice to go with the EGO platform. More importantly are the many benefits of battery-operated vs. gas. Sometimes, it's not a question of economy for many.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 20,460 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It wasn't economics for me either!  Just like when I bought a Camry Hybrid, which we love.  We don't drive enough that costs were a factor in our decision.  I like how quiet it is, how we can get a bit over 600 miles on a tank of gas, how there are no shift points, thanks to a CVT.  I'll never buy another 100% ICE engine vehicle. 

I knew there would be some downsides to having electric equipment, but I must say the pros outweigh the cons  by a landslide.  I don't miss the heat, noise, vibration, and FUMES of my former gas equipment.  About all I miss is the superior mulching and vacuuming of the Honda mower.  That is about all that I miss.  I didn't like that it had just 3 discrete SP speeds.  Or how it stunk up the shed.  Or how I could get burned if not careful.  I don't care that I had to spend north of a grand to replace my gas equipment.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
(Edited)
Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 5,852 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
New video review up on the Ego hedge trimmer......again he glossed over pretty much any of the positives and focused on the negatives. Only one of his gripes surprised me and that was he said it was loud????? Anyhow looking at the design of the hedge trimmer it shares a lot in common with the UK version at least on the front half.

Strange reviews overall. He claims to have paid around $3000 for the set and from the jump has been a hater.....or he is just a relentlessly negative person.

Tommy might be on to something.....

Jeremy