Confirm anti-clockwise rotation of new 15" carbon fiber trimmer ST1521S?

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
On the ST1521S product page on the EGO web site, there's a photo in the carousel below the product details that says "anti-clockwise rotation" (counter-clockwise). 

Can someone confirm that? Is that true for all EGO 15" trimmers?

I saw a couple posts that referenced the rotation inconsistency across trimmer brands and models how different people get used to or are challenged by the differences.

I think the anti-clockwise rotation would be a big challenge for me to get used to...

I have an old Ryobi electric trimmer that spins clockwise and that's worked great for me. As a right-hander, my method is to hold the trigger with my right hand, hold the handle with my left, tilt the trimmer down about 45 degrees to the left (left side down), walk along the lawn edge in a clockwise direction (the lawn area is to my right). That means the cuttings are flying into the lawn (away from sidewalks, garden beds and paths). That also means I'm looking down my left arm with good visibility of what I'm trimming. It also means the trimmer weight is on my extended left arm which is comfortable.

With an anti-clockwise rotation, I'll need to tilt the trimmer down to the right (right side down) and walk around the lawn in a counter-clockwise direction. That seems very "left-handed" to me. The awkward part I imagine is that my control will be worse, primarily because my left arm will be extended on the inside of the lawn and on the opposite side I'm tilting the trimmer. Plus, the weight balance will be worse because of that.

Any tips from right-handers using anti-clockwise rotation trimmers? What techniques work great for you? How did you handle the switch (if you had to)? 

Thanks!
Photo of AP1

AP1

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 48,940 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
For whatever reason, the photo that shows "anti-clockwise" rotation shows the power head with weed trimmer attachment, which is counter-clockwise. I can confirm the carbon-fiber shaft trimmer spins clockwise.