Chargers

• Idea
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
It is silly to me that units require 2 batteries to run but only come with one charger.
Photo of Mitchel Kilmer

Mitchel Kilmer

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 82,710 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Absolutely true !
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 59,642 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
True, but the rapid charger is so fast it's never been an issue for me. (Also, you don't actually have to use two batteries if you're in a pinch.)
(Edited)
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 7,832 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Look on CL. Like me many have several EGO tools now and a surplus of standard chargers.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 59,642 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I would add, it would be nice to see Ego come out with a single charger that could accommodate two batteries at once.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 7,416 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yes, a dual charger would be great, but most people, after awhile, accumulate multiple chargers quickly. I have 2 rapid chargers and 1 standard. Guess it would be better for EGO to allow customers to customize their order more than kit or bare tool. Number of batteries, its Ah and type charger (s) would go a long way towards responding to consumer needs.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 177,652 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I bought a second Rapid charger on ebay in anticipation of getting my snowblower.  I agree 100% that any tool kit that includes two batteries should include two chargers, or as mentioned, a single charger that can charge two batteries at once.

I should add that a dual battery charger needs to be a SIMULTANEOUS charger where both batteries charge at the same time.  There are FAR too many power tool companies out there with SEQUENTIAL battery chargers that charge multiple batteries one at a time.  That's only a tiny step above charging multiple batteries on a single charger, IMO.
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 82,690 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yup - the great stat of charging in 40 minutes kind of falls flat when you have to do it twice and thus have a 80 minute charge time.
Photo of Ronald Hagen

Ronald Hagen

• 60 Points
Yes, I too would like to see a charger that can charge multiple batteries.  When I'm done mowing, I put one battery in the charger and 40 minutes latter I forget to charge the second battery.  ...that is until it's time to mow again.

William E Hanson

• 7,414 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ronald, with so many free apps for reminders, use one to alert you after your choice of time. The preloaded calendar app is perfect for that. I also use an alarm clock app for reminders.

William E Hanson

• 7,416 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Blue Angel, did EGO allow you to register that charger from eBay? Probably not much of an issue either way considering its low cost. I haven't purchased anything outside of the authorized dealers.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 177,652 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Nope, I'm on my own with that one.  So far it's been solid, no issues, and a great convenience to blast two batteries at once when I need to get some snow moved in a hurry!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 82,710 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thankfully I had a rapid charger from my mower plus the one that came with the snow blower, so wasn't an issue for me.  But I would not have been happy if the snow blower was my first purchase and I had 2 batteries and 1 charger.