charger re-set

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Let me start by saying I love my E GO tools.  I have the mower, blower, weed wacker, hedge trimmer and 3 batteries , 2 chargers.

The larger charger that came with the mower has to be unplugged for 3 mins, plugged back in before it will charge. I called customer support and I was told this is a re-set and it is not defective ...some chargers have to be reset each time?  I'm sure they were not designed this way, my other charger doesnt behave this way. Can you imagine using a cel phone charger that must be reset for every use or a laptop charger. This to me is a defect in the unit that E GO is not owning up to. What ahppens when suddenly it wont reset anymore?  Why should I as a consumer have to unplug the charger, hang around for 3 mins before I can replug in and charge. seems like BS to me.
Anyone else have this issue and complaint?
Photo of bubba gump

bubba gump

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Mikeg

Mikeg

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I like my Ego tools very much and have had no such problems over the last three years, however in your case I would be concerned and maybe take it to your supplier, show them the problem charger and see if it does this whilst plugged into their power socket, at least they should take a look at this and if required send it back for repair.
Photo of Sibyl Smith

Sibyl Smith

• 6,786 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I have never noticed the need to unplug/reset the charger, because I always unplug my charger when it's finished charging and not in use.  I don't plug it back in until I charge the battery again.  I do this to prevent power surges from damaging the charger.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Likewise, never had to unplug for a reset on any of my EGO chargers or other brands.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,236 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I would call Ego CS again and explain to them that this is not a one time occurrence but rather it is needed with every use and thus a defect and in need of warranty replacement.
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 10,940 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
My large (quick) charger has been plugged in for the last year or more. I just put a new battery on to charge and it starts right up, no need to unplug/plug.  I can imagine that perhaps if something went wrong it might go into a safe shutdown state where it needs to have the power cycled to reset it, but that certainly  shouldn't be needed for every battery change.
I know it's weird but this did work for my charger previously.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,032 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Actually it is not weird and is accepted as a reset procedure that may be needed on occasion.  The issue here is bubba gump needs to do it each and every time he uses the charger.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,508 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Never done this in almost 3 years.  Somebody be bs-ing you methinnks...
Photo of Rick Fortson

Rick Fortson

• 814 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
It does seem like BS. I keep my chargers and batteries plugged in all the time — like the instructions say to — the chargers are touted as being ‘smart’ meaning they keep the batteries tuned. Contact CS.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.