Charger is kaput

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
I love my mower, bought it a little over a year ago. I was dismayed when I plugged in the charger and put a battery on it and nothing happened. The charger used to come to life as soon as I plugged it in. What's up with the short life of the charger? Is this under warranty?

Thanks...
Photo of Cassy

Cassy

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Pete Innes

Pete Innes

• 3,026 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Yes the charger is under warranty as long as you registered it. You need to register each individual item seperately even if you bought them as a kit
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
And if you neglected to register your charger I'm sure customer service can help you out.
Photo of Cassy

Cassy

Thank you, Ken and Pete...of course I don't recall if I registered the mower and other related items. Planning to call customer service today.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

If you have trouble getting through, this is their busy time of the year. The couple of times I've had to call I never waited more than 15 minutes, but it might be good to call earlier in the day before they get busy.
Photo of Cassy

Cassy

Hi Ken,
I called yesterday and assembled all the information they would want for the warranty while on hold. Of course I didn't register the items but they have such stellar customer service that once connected to a rep everything was taken care of in 5 minutes!

The outcome is that I will be getting a new charger and can't say enough good things about customer service at this company.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,766 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Cassy - it is always good to hear about positive experiences with Ego and their CS team.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

That's great news!