Chain saw quite after only about 8 cuts

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
Chain saw quit working after about 8 cuts. Called customer care and they wanted me to send it to a repair shop. I didn't buy this saw to have it in a repair shop but to use so I decided to return it and try another brand.
Photo of Tammy Sawatzky

Tammy Sawatzky

• 70 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 1,574 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Wow, sorry it didn't work for you. If you've already returned it, I hope you have better luck with whatever brand you buy. I actually think the EGO is better than the other electric saws on the market and it is disappointing that this happened. 

Personally, I know I've thought the saw wouldn't work when it turned out to be something that I overlooked. The last time was so simple it is embarrassing for me to now admit. I had intentionally engaged the safety by pushing the chain brake forward and forgot that I did that. When I tried to start the saw later, it was completely "dead". Oh no, a bad saw! Then I remembered that I had not released the brake. So I pushed the brake backward again to release it, and voila - it started right up.

Several things come to mind like - battery not charged, battery not fully engaged and locked in the saw, failure to press the safety button down while starting the saw, having the safety brake engaged.. etc.

If you bought the saw at Home Depot they might help you out by going through this before returning it.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 177,608 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes, Home Depot has a 90 day return/exchange policy which is extended to 12 months if you use the HD card.

Unfortunate that you didn’t give the brand another chance, it’s about the best thing going in battery OPE.