Cannot get orange light to stop blinking

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

My 20" Ego mower is blinking an orange light. I've checked everything that would make it blink in the past (handle not fully locked, mower deck not clean) and also totally recharged the battery. It is still blinking . I reset the battery in the case, and it just blinks. It's not my mower because it works with my Ego weedeater batttery.  What is the problem?
Photo of Chinkapin Hill

Chinkapin Hill

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,768 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Sounds like the mower thinks the battery is overheated or overloaded for some reason, perhaps a defective temperature sensor?  Just a guess.

Give Ego Customer Service a call and they'll get your battery replaced, it's covered by a three year warranty.
Photo of Xiaocun Xu

Xiaocun Xu

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I ran into this problem over the weekend, the battery just blink orange light when press the button on top.  We recently moved the charger and the battery under the sunroom (but outdoors) for ease of access, I thought perhaps the recent high humidity might play a role, so move the charger and battery back inside the basement where there is a de-humidifier.  Sure enough, the battery worked fine the next day, display green light when pressed.  If your charger is not in a cool and dry place, perhaps give that a try.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,848 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes, the Charger manual indicates to not use the charger outdoors or expose to wet or damp conditions.
The Battery manual states to not store the batteries outdoor.

Glad you discovered the issue and got your battery back to working condition.
Photo of Chinkapin Hill

Chinkapin Hill

Thanks all. Will give customer service a call. Battery has been stored and charged in the garage for two years and nothing in there has changed temp/humidity wise so guessing it's the heat sensor.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,206 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Please let us know how everything works out. 
Photo of Chinkapin Hill

Chinkapin Hill

I called EGO when I had the chance the other day and you all were in an all day meeting so have not yet resolved the issue.  Will call again. 
Photo of John Olthuis

John Olthuis

• 406 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem. Called Customer Service and they are sending me a new battery. I'm 2 years into my 3-year battery warranty. I clean my mower after each use. (I like my stuff looking new) and if grass gets long i set mower to the highest setting. cut it and then lower it a setting and mow in opposite direction. Mine only started flashing yellow/orange after my last charge cycle. Charger shows all green lights like fully charged but Customer Service feels it must be defective. They were very nice and friendly.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,848 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the report John.  Glad you got your problem solved.  CS does a great job.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.