Cannot find EGo 575 CFM or higher snow blower in any canadian stores

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
Where can I find in canada ? I live in city calgary.
Cannot find at homedepot.ca too. I checked last year too and they didnt had this model but only the older models like 480 or 530. I want to purchase 575 or higher models.

If you do not sell in canada, can i buy it online somewhere and it can be shipped to me ?
Photo of Puneet Dhanjal

Puneet Dhanjal

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of walt

walt

• 532 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Home Depot in Calgary North Hills has 600 CFM Blower for $398 at following link:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.145-mph-600cfm-56v-lithium-ion-cordless-backpack-blower-50ah-kit-with-210w-charger.1001014771.html#
It is not a Snow Blower.  Technically EGO sells a snow "THROWER" even though it calls it a snow blower.  CFM refers to Cubic Feet per Minute which is the volume of air that the EGO air blower pushes out ( at 145 miles per hour for the 600 CFM model).

(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 66,434 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ego only has one snow blower model currently.

A leaf blower generally is going to be useful to clear a a few inches of snow at most.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 31,744 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I own both the 575 CFM and the 600 CFM blowers.  However, I have only used the 575 CFM to clear "light" fluffy snow.  I have tried it on "heavy" wet snow without success.  Therefore, "light" snow should not be a problem for either unit - 3 feet of snow, on the other hand, might be a challenge.  Below is a link to another user on YouTube using his 600 CFM to clear snow ... hope this is helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_IQx04lD5I
(Edited)
Photo of Puneet Dhanjal

Puneet Dhanjal

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
debating between buying between 575 cfm and 600 cfm model. considering i am only going to be using it to move snow away from my driveway, side entrance etc, Out of these two models which one will you recommend based on more power and possibly better to move snow. I dont care about bag pack convinice. Thanks !  
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 35,150 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Puneet, one thing to consider is the 575 cfm model is discontinued. You may still find some around, but they'll likely only be available with charger and 5ah battery. So, price, at least in US at Home Depot dot com is around $350 for the 575.
Like David, I've tried my 575 on wet snow and it didn't do that great of a job. Plus you run the risk of accidentally sucking snow into the motor area and shorting the blower out. 
Here is a thread from 6 months ago talking about discontinuing the 575. Early in the thread Amber thought the 575 was going to be around but later in the thread it comes out that it is discontinued.
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/is-the-575-unit-being-discontinued?topic-reply-list%5B...

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 31,744 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Puneet, if you are looking for power then I would recommend the 600 CFM.  One of the reasons why I bought the 600 CFM before the 575 CFM was to avoid "hand & finger" fatigues after long period of use.  However, I find that the 575 CFM was more convenient to "grab & go" for quick and easy jobs - like blowing out dirt and leaves in the garage, driveway, and around the house.  With the backpack blower, it was taking more time to put on & off.  But like you said, convenience is not a factor for you so 600 CFM is your best bet ... good luck with your decision, and let us know which model you decided on :-)