Can two devices (trimmer and blower) be bought with just one battery/charger?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Some of the reviews talk about how big the charger is which takes up valuable space in a garage, not to mention the savings of not having to pay for two chargers and batteries. I am in the market right now for an alternative to a gas operated trimmer but will  need a blower also. Paying $400 does not seem to make much sense when one power source is all I would need to run both units.
Photo of Fernando Otero

Fernando Otero

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,908 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Fernando,
The devices will be sold as bare tools (no batteries or chargers included) on homedepot.com in the very near future. Be sure to check back as those should be posted very soon.
Photo of John

John

• 64 Points
Already have the Trimmer but I need a hedger and a blower as well.  I'm wondering when the ETA date will be that I can purchase these items without the corresponding charger / battery kit.

Hi John,
The bare tools (and bare batteries and chargers) will be available online through homedepot.com within the month of April.  We are working on getting them up as soon as possible.  Thanks for your patience and check the website often as they should be there any day now.
Photo of Lyc

Lyc

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Where do you see it at $400?  I checked online and have it for $499

I think Fernando was combining the cost of each tool (trimmer and blower) at $199 (with the 2.0Ah battery and standard charger included).  The only tool that is $499 is the mower ( 4.0Ah battery and 30-minute quick charger included).  Hope that helps.

I just wanted to let you know that bare tools and batteries are all now available on HomeDepot.com.  Here is the link for anyone interested in the EGO Power+ line:  http://www.homedepot.com/s/ego?NCNI-5

(Edited)
Photo of Lyc

Lyc

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Great!!!!  Thanks!  but already out of stock :(

I'll wait until my local HD stock them up.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.