Can I buy a bigger grass bag for my lawn mower

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I don't have a large yard but I'm emptying the bag 8-10 times at least for my front yard. I was just wondering if there is a bigger bag available for purchase?
Photo of Hunter Ingram

Hunter Ingram

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 70,290 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
My front yard is about 1000 sq ft and I usually empty the bag twice. I probably cut roughly an inch each time I mow. Back yard is about the same, maybe slightly bigger, and it needs 2 bag emptyings. I like the size because the mower does start to feel heavy when the bag gets full. Also, I think it gives the battery a chance to cool down a bit while emptying the bag.
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

• 6,328 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
In another thread, someone mentioned that if you take the bag off, shake the cuttings to the back of the bag. you can get more in it.   I have been mulching and haven't used the bag since the first time, so I can't offer an opinion.  The 21 inch model uses a larger bag than the 20 inch.  As to whether the 21's bag would fit on a 20 inch, I have no idea.  
Photo of Hunter Ingram

Hunter Ingram

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I push everything to the back of the bag and get it as full as possible. I do have the 21 inch mower
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 69,866 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I have the 21" too.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,958 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hunter, I would contact Customer Service to see if there is another company that can provide a bigger bag for your mower. EGO mowers have different configurations than other mowers, but there might be one out there that can work for you ... good luck.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Im scared to ask, but why bag? Why not mulch it?
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,508 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Skru bagging...I ain't doing it.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
On this particular day after letting my lawn go longer than I should have, I filled the bag pretty darn good:

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/this-thing-can-bag

Perhaps a different lawn with shorter clippings wouldn't bag quite as impressively?  Dunno, but for me it's working well.

I really doubt there will be a larger bag option available.  One thing to note, since these mowers are fairly light having more grass hanging off the back could imbalance it, causing the front wheels to lift over bumps etc.
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

• 6,328 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Good point on the balance issue. 
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We unfortunately do not offer a larger bag, Hunter. However, David is right in that it wouldn’t hurt to call customer service and see if they have any suggestions.