Can anyone tell me if the 56V, 7.5Amh battery will work in the non self-propelled 21" lawn mower?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Can anyone tell me if the 56V, 7.5Amh battery will work in the non self-propelled 21" lawn mower? Also, is the extra 2.5Amh in the self propelled version strictly to drive the powertrain or does it also give this mower more cutting/mulching power?
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Pete Innes

Pete Innes

• 2,986 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
All the batteries fit all of the equipment. They won't give more power however they will increase time in between charges
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 10,440 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Put another way, the entire 7.5 Ah is available to power just the blade, it is not divided up into a 5AH for the blade and 2.5Ah fro the drive unit.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,610 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The self propelled version has a more powerful motor also.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,276 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I think you'd want to use the 7.5 ah battery in the SP mower because of the added demand of the drive system. However, it's not really 5 ah for motor and 2.5 for drive. It's just more available for all. Using the 7.5 ah battery in the push mower would be just fine and would give you more cutting time (compared to 5 ah battery, for example) before you'd need to recharge the battery.
Any Ego battery will work in any Ego tool. Kind of a nice feature about the Ego line.