Can any trimmer line be used on the trimmer or does only the Ego brand fit?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Buford T Justice

Buford T Justice

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

• 3,612 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Any line with the correct diameter. I recommend is 0.095 inches. It also takes a line that is one step lower I think but not sure.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,118 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
From the Specs section it says .095" line:

From the Troubleshooting section is says .095" or less:

Personally, I'd stick with .095" line, it tends to cut better and last longer than thinner line.
Photo of JAS

JAS

• 1,452 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
When the factory line is empty I will try my Husqvarna Titanium line on my 15" Trimmer. I think the factory line shreaded or broke too easily, won't be definitely sure until I try it which should be tomorrow.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,200 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I have the 15-inch trimmer and have been using Echo's Crossfire trimmer line and have been very happy with it. No problems with the bump feed and the line lasts reasonably well.
Photo of JAS

JAS

• 1,452 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Factory line emptyed today, so I loaded my Husqvarna Titanium .095 line, what a difference! It's like my 15" Trimmer was turbo charged.
Photo of Ed Rohan

Ed Rohan

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Purchasing replacement line for string trimmer.

Home Depot your exclusive dealer does not carry your replacement line for the string trimmer.  I must order it on-line through Home Depot who does not allow it to be shipped to the store so it must be sent to my home at an additional $5.99 shipping charge.  I feel ripped off.