buy back program for trail blazing loyal customers?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
I bought the String Trimmer ST-1500S and the hedge trimmer HT-2400 a while ago, and at that time there was no power head unit where I could buy the individual attachments.  Is there some kind of buy-back program for loyal customers that were blazing an original trail?  I dread the thought of re-buying a power head when what I have with the string trimmer is virtually identical...I need a longer hedge trimmer and would like the edger attachment and the pole saw attachment.
Photo of Mango KJ

Mango KJ

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 69,866 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've not heard of a buyback program, but maybe you could Craigslist (or other site) them and then apply that money toward the Multi head system?

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,032 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is no buy back program.  Don't purchase the string trimmer attachment for the power head.  Just buy the hedge trimmer and the pole saw that you do not currently have..

Or if you want them all on the power head system then make a gift of your string trimmer.  You will want to keep the hedge trimmer as the power head hedge trimmer will be tough to use when not making use of its extra reach,
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,740 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Not trying to take this off subject, but, the power head has a mechanical drive running down the shaft. I think some of string trimmers (don't know if your 1500 is included) have the motor at the string head. Wouldn't this latter design potentially have better durability? 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 69,866 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Given the way your leading sentences are structured you are asking if the motor at the string head would have better durability. Is this correct? If so, I'd think so only because of less gearing, coupling at the attachment/head connection of the powerhead, things like that.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,208 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Mango! We appreciate your support and interest in our EGO Power+ products! We work closely with our retail partners and are always open to investigating initiatives. At this time, we still do not have any programs like the one you describe. However, we'll share your thoughts with the team today. 
Photo of Mango KJ

Mango KJ

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks. Another thing is the Home Depot site is not the best for adding related parts I literally went to their site to price what I would like so I could see the total cost and I gave up. That’s not good if a customer wants several attachments and gives up because the site is not good. I was on my iphone but still...
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,030 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Mango your original post said you were looking for the power head and edger.  This is the best deal going by far.
Power head and edger for less than the power head alone $129
https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-56-Volt-Lithium-ion-Cordless-Power-Head-Edger-Bare-Tool-Multi-Head-E...

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,880 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Wow that is a heck of a deal
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,880 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The 15" trimmer is much nicer to use than the power head version. It's more comfortable, however the power head has way more power.

I would get the power head and skip the trimmer head.
Don't get me wrong. The power head trimmer is awesome. But you might miss the 15" ease of use.
Photo of Jinoy George

Jinoy George

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Trade-in for upgrade?.

Does eGo have a trade in program which would allow me to swap an older model for a newer one?
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No. I'm hard pressed to think of any lawn tool companies that do. Selling your old tool on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace is probably your best bet.