Brushless mower bare tool?

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Hi. I was wondering if the 20" brushless mower bare tool is available for purchase. I plan to purchase the 7.5Ah snow blower and would use the same batteries in the mower. But it seems the only way to get the 20" BL mower is to buy with another 7.5Ah battery and extra charger.
Photo of Erwen Tang

Erwen Tang

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,016 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Erwen! We unfortunately do not offer either of the (brushless) steel deck mowers as bare tools at this time. We will, however, definitely share your input and situation with the team for review.
Photo of Erwen Tang

Erwen Tang

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Will this be possible by spring 18? I'd like to buy snow blower now for winter, but won't need mower until next year.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,016 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We do not have any plans to release the brushless mower as a bare tool this spring. 
Photo of Wade Johnston

Wade Johnston

• 74 Points
I would also like to buy a bare tool brushless. I already have 2 batteries from the snowblower, and was hoping to use them for the mower as well.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Wade, it looks like the only 20" brushless model available now is the self propelled steel deck model. And it is available in tool only.

Photo of Bill

Bill

• 1,004 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 20 in Steel Deck self propelled mower only?.

is there a option to buy this as a bare tool?  I cant seem to locate the option.  already own other tools and batteries and like the idea of the steel deck but don't need to spend the extra money on additional battery.