Broken mower casing

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

Bought the 21" SP recently.  Box took a beating and some of it transferred to the mower.  The mower runs fine, don't want to have to return it and order another for a minor issue.  Not sure how to get it resolved though.  Started a case with eGo customer support on Sunday and never got a reply.  Can I take it back to Home Depot for repair, or will they only give me a refund and tell me to re-order?

Photo of Steve

Steve

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 65,540 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I would be worried about what sort of unseen damage there is. I would absolutely take it back to Home Depot, point out the damage to the box and insist on a replacement. The shipper will have some liability in this.

I refuse obviously damaged shipments for this very reason.
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

• 690 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm beginning to think the boxes for these do not provide the greatest protection. I've received two mowers now with damage to the mower (plastic piece broken on one and tear in foam on handle on the other). The first box wasn't in the best shape, but the second one seemed okay. The second mower has another issue that I don't think would be shipping, but who knows.

See here for details: https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/home-depot-repair-issues
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 65,540 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
All of my Ego tools have been well packaged. But a friend of mine unloads trucks for a certain large, well-known shipping company. Let's just say he has stories about how some of the larger, heavier packages are handled.
Photo of Steve

Steve

Thanks for your advice gentlemen.  I'll take it back to Home Depot and get a replacement.
Photo of Steve

Steve

One question about the return process... do I need the box?  I still have it.  I'm wondering if I need to figure out how to get the mower packed back in the box, if I should take the box separately, or if I should forget about the box and just take the mower, battery, side discharge, and paperwork.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.