Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.
I have a first generation Lawnmower and the height adjustment was not smooth from day 1 however, 99% of the time I mow on the highest setting so it was not a big deal for me. I few weeks back while trying to change the setting between 3 and 5 the rod came out very hard hitting the side of the housing (exterior deck?) and breaking a piece of plastic (I guess a plastic deck is not always good :). I noticed that the rod is currently in contact with the upper side of the plastic opening and when I moved the lever it pushes and bends the plastic deck, so I guess the piece that broke was already cracked due to the stress or tension of the rod pushing upwards.
I went to the hardware store and got a retainer clip for the rod that connects to the back wheel and also glued the piece of plastic back to the deck hoping for a solution that would last until the end of the mowing season. Unfortunately the glued piece continued to fall off because it seems that the pressure on the upper side is increasing and it looks like the height of the deck is coming down, I measured the cut last week and it was a 1/8 below 3” so I finally decided to call Ego support.
By the way I have treated this mower very well and my yard is very plain however there is a small 2” slope with a 45 degree angle from the driveway to the lawn (picture below), maybe passing over that slope has broken the mower?
I understand that machines break but this is where I am getting disappointed:
On Sunday 5/28 I called Ego support and the customer rep asked me to drop the mower at the homeless depot. I got there and the service guy tells me that they would ship the mower to the middle of the country to get it repaired and the turnaround is 6 to 7 weeks. Seriously? I live in a big metropolitan area and definitely was not expecting that!!!
I went back home and called Ego again and see if they could speed things up and don’t leave me without a mower for 7 weeks and all I got was a response from a CS guy telling me “ We are in the mowing season and you just need to wait” well, Sunday afternoon was probably not the best time to call.
SO, now I am mower-less hoping for Ego to make things right.I am wondering if Ego can keep 10 refurbished machines (around $200 each without batteries) in the central repair place and offer those machines to clients in exchange for their broken machines. Once the broken machines are fixed they got the refurbished inventory. I understand that not everybody would like to get a different machine but hey, that would be a great option if the client wants to reduce the wait time from 6 weeks to 2 weeks.