blower won't engage, trimmer works though

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
I have a blower and hedge trimmer. I love both of these products, but after 2 years, I just recharged the battery and the blower won't engage. The trimmer works fine with the battery, but not the blower. Can you help?
Photo of David

David

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated, but glad you have 5 year warranty

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
David, give Customer Service a call at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) 8:30-8:00 M-F 10:00-6:00 S/S, or if they're not available by phone send them an email at:

support@egopowerplus.com

Include your contact information, a description of the issue you're having, and make sure your tools and accessories are all registered:

http://egopowerplus.com/pages/registe...

Someone from the Customer Service team will get back to you ASAP, help troubleshoot your problem and get you the help you need.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,068 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
When you pull the trigger, do you hear anything, or is there just, you pull the trigger, and nothing happens?
Photo of Louis

Louis

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I too am experiencing this problem with my blower.  It worked fine for the last year with no issues.  I was blowing off my driveway one minute...set it down to get pick up some trash, and when I pulled the trigger to start blowing again, NOTHING...moved the battery to another product to ensure no issues.  The battery worked fine in my mower and trimmer.  No sound/noises coming from the blower at all as there were no signs of what may have happened.  I have let it "cool" down and attempted to use it multiple times days and weeks later, but no success.  Please advise.  Thanks in advance for your time!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Louis, this is definitely an issue we can help you with. Please call our customer service team at 1-855-346-5656 to get the help you need.  We're available until 8:00PM EST on weekdays.
Photo of David

David

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same thing with mine a couple of months ago. EGO sent me a new one w/o question. I just gave them serial numbers and they sent me a new one. Easy.
Photo of Louis

Louis

I called and waited on hold for 30+ minutes...took the option to leave a message and receive a call back...3 business days and a weekend with no returned calls...very disappointing.  I'm assuming the "24 business hours" translated to 3 business days.  I'm holding out hope that the 4th business day is a charm.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Louis, if they're not available by phone send them an email at:

support@egopowerplus.com

Include your contact information, a description of the issue you're having, and make sure your tools and accessories are all registered:

http://egopowerplus.com/pages/registe...

Someone from the Customer Service team will get back to you ASAP, help troubleshoot your problem and get you the help you need.
Photo of Louis

Louis

Thanks for the suggestion.  All products are registered and my initial question/problem was reported on this site...I was instructed to place a phone call in order to get the problem resolved.  I will try the email route if I don't receive a call tomorrow.  Thanks again!
Photo of Samuel Strong

Samuel Strong

• 2,060 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello Louis,

Thank you for your post and I am glad we were able to find a resolution for your issues. We also thank you for your patience, as we have had a larger than normal call volume.