Blower Parts

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

Where do I get Blower Replacement Parts? The switch on my 530CFM blower isn't working so I am thinking it needs replaced.

The EGO website isn't very informative, when you call they put you on hold and NEVER answer the phone.

So frustrated, regretting this purchase. Would have never had these issues with say a Dewalt, Milwaukee, etc... The Home Depot rep said don't buy the EGO, I should have listened.

Photo of Johnny

Johnny

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Johnny, I hate to break it to ya but nobody makes perfect tools. Every now and then there's gonna be a tool that stops working, no matter who's name is on it.

Your blower is covered by a five year warranty. Get Ego CS on the phone, early in the day to avoid wait times, and they'll get you fixed up. ;-)
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,206 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can also leave a voicemail to avoid any wait time. 
Photo of Johnny

Johnny

Ok Mr. Angel, obviously you drink the EGO Kool-Aid. I hate to break it to you, but I have cordless tools from Milwaukee and Dewalt that haven't broken in over 5 years of daily use on commercial jobsites.

This EGO tool broke in a little over a month, with far less than daily use.

Long wait times on hold? So this must be an indicator that EGO's tools break quite often? Or do they employ like one CS rep?

Why do I have to use this stupid forum to get answers from EGO? Reputable manufacturers have a website with an actual contact email for service and warranty issues. They also have an actual shop / place I can take their tool for service, what is EGO's deal?

Oh well, lesson learned with EGO. I will just go buy something I know will last like I should've done in the 1st place. There is a 530CFM EGO Blower in the trash in LV NV if you want to come dig it out bud.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Johnny, why so angry? I hate to break it to you, but all of my Ego tools are doing just fine, even my first Ego blower that I gave to a buddy of mine. Do you honestly think that just because your Ego blower died that your experience dictates the experience of anyone else that buys an Ego tool?

I just found out that my brother, who's a roofer by trade, uses an Ego blower for jobsite cleanup on an almost daily basis and he LOVES the thing! He lives four hours away from me and didn't even know or care which model it was, he just told me it works great.

Relax man! Lol

Talk about drinking the koolaid, are you trying to say that Milwaukee and DeWalt tools never break? Ever? That's quite the claim! ;-)

FWIW, the CS reps Ego does employ work in Chicago IL and Grand Rapids MI. They should also be commended for having a public forum where anyone can see what their customers are talking about, not criticized for it. I don't see Big Red or Yellow offering that?

Home Depot does their repairs.

Here's the links to both the Milwaukee Fuel blower:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-...

and the DeWalt FlexVolt blower:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-129...

Please, go spend 50% more on either of them. They are both far more expensive and don't perform anywhere near as well as the 530 cfm Ego that you want to trash instead of getting fixed under warranty. Don't believe me? Well, maybe you'll believe the results of the latest blower test done by Pro Tool Reviews:

https://www.protoolreviews.com/buying...

Enjoy! :-)
Photo of Johnny

Johnny

I am not angry at all, why do people call it angry when someone speaks the truth?

All I did was explain my experience with my EGO tools issue and their customer service, or lack thereof.

Whatever bud, I am done, you enjoy your awesome EGO tools and days spent obviously trolling this site for anyone who speaks against your precious EGO tools.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I shall, and you yours. ;-)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,908 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Johnny
If you only had the blower for a month, just return it to HD for a replacement.  A lot easier and faster than a repair and if I had a tool that broke in a month I would want a replacement not a repair.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Johnny, the one who sounds like a troll here is you. How dumb would a person have to be to throw away an expensive tool that not only is still under warranty, it's within the retailer's return window for a full refund?

Pull up your big-boy pants and start dealing with your problem like an adult.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.