blower makes clicks no longer blows

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
blower stopped blowing faint clicks is all it does. 
Photo of ken ashby

ken ashby

• 70 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Wow. This is a first. Fsint clicks.. sounds like a relay.... is the blower impeller jammed up with somethint that got sucked in? Look down the blower. Are blades broken off? And binding?

Pull the battery out.
Take the tube off of the blower.
Take a picture and post it from the blower end and from the inlet end. Get as good of a shot as you can so we can see whats going on.

Stick something in there to see if the impeller can spin. Or take something that can blow a good amount of air (hair dryer, air compressor)and blow it down the tube to see if the impeller will rotate from the air movement.

If it can spin its not locked up and its the controller possibly causing the issue.

If its not able to turn, then its bound up somehow.
Photo of John Anselmo

John Anselmo

• 60 Points
Was there any resolution to this? I’m having the same issue. I hear a clicking noise almost like a bad starter in a car. Just clicks and make sure I fully charged the battery. Nothing is blocking the fans or anything.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Which model is this?
If I were to make an off-the-bat guess, I'd say it is something wrong with the startup system. 

If it got wet in the right spot, theoretically, it could have shorted out the startup capacitor, but then again I would think that if that happened, then you would hear nothing at all when you try to start it.  

So what if the capacitor works fine but there is a short in the controller-one that allows current to go through a complete circuit but not go where its supposed to go.

In any case, I suggest you give a call to EGO customer service. 1-855-346-5656 is the number.  "Agents are available 8:30am – 8:00pm EST (Monday – Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday and Sunday)."  A failed controller is definitely a warranty issue, and a control failure is what I'm guessing it is.